Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-05-2014, 07:58 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
Camaro- since the thread has gone off course before- what are the specific things politicians have done illegally where no grand jury was brought in?
You must really live in a cave.

Ok, so lets start with this.

Judicial Watch Announces List of Washington
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 08:20 AM

88,569 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I saw the headline, I wonder what that means. the problem with policing politicians is that it seems the whole process is performed by other politicians. while the American people are tricked into believing that because the politicians are "bi-partisan" that its a good method, the truth is that politicians all protect other politicians. you need real law enforcement with real power to prosecute these corrupt politicians and you don't want any political parties involved. there currently is almost no accountability in government and its because they are all corrupt and need to protect themselves first.
Exactly right. It's one set of politicians working to take the place of another set of politicians.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:28 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,467 times
I clicked right on to Menendez and it is a story about how he was investigated by a grand jury.

By the way why the snarky comment? You posted something I asked for examples of what you meant. I was aware of most of the stories you linked but wanted to know exactly which ones you meant.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:46 AM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
I clicked right on to Menendez and it is a story about how he was investigated by a grand jury.

By the way why the snarky comment? You posted something I asked for examples of what you meant. I was aware of most of the stories you linked but wanted to know exactly which ones you meant.
Snarky comment, because you really had to be living in a cave, as this link is prob one of many politicians who aren't investigated by a grand jury.

Old 04-05-2014, 09:23 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:

menendez was investigated, Christie is being investigated, who cares?? the investigations are fake! they may want to hurt a politicians chances of winning an election, but they are never going to actually have any real penalties for politicians as long as the politicians are in the process.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:37 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Issa's never-ending investigation has revealed...drumroll please...that "liberal" groups were scrutinized as were conservative ones. Another winger tempest in a teapot. I'm sure Obama's fingerprints were all over it just like Bengjazi.
I have noticed bradykp make the claim that conservative groups weren't targeted. to me, it was a good demonstration of his strong commitment to whatever the Obama admin's propaganda machine says and lack of commitment to the truth.

I remember more recently this claim above by ebwick.

I don't really understand why either of you guys would accept such bs from politicians that don't think twice about lying to us. then you defend their lies and look like fools. I would expect it more from ebwick because he is always nutty, but bradykp is typically rational except for a couple of issues where he just sticks to Obama admin propaganda in a very impressive way.

Committee report: No progressive groups were targeted by IRS | The Daily Caller

Old 04-07-2014, 04:49 PM

23,549 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Jan 14 2014, Menendez investigation is current. This is the latest Menendez scandal.
Odd how few people seem to know which scandal is currently being investigated as they all run into each other and get confused with past scandals involving the trial lawyer darling and lynchpin to ensure a dem dominated senate

"The Department of Justice is investigating Menendez's efforts on behalf of two fugitive bankers from Ecuador, multiple current and former U.S. officials tell NBC 4 New York. The probe into Menendez’s dealing with the bankers comes as federal authorities are also investigating his relationship to a big campaign donor from Florida."

N.J. Sen. Robert Menendez under FBI investigation - Philadelphia Business Journal

2nd article
Robert Menendez Under FBI Investigation For Ties To Fugitive Businessmen: Report

"The Menendez prostitute scandal may be less consequential, and, unlike the Secret Service officers, the senator may have traveled to the Dominican Republic on his own time and money. Regardless, the investigation itself will likely cost taxpayers."

2006 "Look at Menendez. He got elected to the senate right in the middle of a federal corruption investigation"

"Dr. Vincente Ruiz, meanwhile, was at one time a full-time doctor on staff with the North Bergen Community action Corporation, NHCAC, the community action nonprofit which had already been the subject of, as we have noted, a still-raging ethics and possibly criminal scandal involving Menendez having personally rented a building to the NHCAC for almost a decade, while assisting the organization in obtaining federal funds as a Congressman. According to a 990 nonprofit tax filing for the group, Ruiz had earned over $125,000.00 as a staff physician at NHCAC. The Star-Ledger, a widely circulating and influential paper in the State, reported in their story today that"

Old 04-08-2014, 05:48 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times
The "scandal" in 2006 was the Bushie Justice Dept. telling their prosecutors to dig up dirt on Democrats or their jobs could've been in jeopardy. Funny how after the election nothing came of it and Fatass had to say "whoops. we didn't have anything. Nevermind"

He did this before in the 90s when running for Morris freeholder. Made a tv ad that smeared his opponent a week before the election then later on admitted it was garbage and had to pay up. Shows what a little Nixonian POS he really is going way back.

Old 04-08-2014, 06:26 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
The "scandal" in 2006 was the Bushie Justice Dept. telling their prosecutors to dig up dirt on Democrats or their jobs could've been in jeopardy. Funny how after the election nothing came of it and Fatass had to say "whoops. we didn't have anything. Nevermind"

He did this before in the 90s when running for Morris freeholder. Made a tv ad that smeared his opponent a week before the election then later on admitted it was garbage and had to pay up. Shows what a little Nixonian POS he really is going way back.
This New Yorker article explains it all very well.

Ryan Lizza: Crossing Chris Christie : The New Yorker

Old 04-08-2014, 12:10 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
This New Yorker article explains it all very well.

Ryan Lizza: Crossing Chris Christie : The New Yorker
Good article. Shows that even many Rs are tired of his slash & burn politics. Tom Kean can't stomach him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey