Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2013, 02:30 AM

2 posts, read 2,322 times

Advertisements

I am relocating from India to USA for a long term assignment. I would be working on Maple Shade NJ.
Please help me to understand the cost of living near that area with following data points:
Monthly gross income: $ 6000
Family Size: 2 Adults
Accommodation Requirement: 1/2 BHK (1 is preferred) + Utility expenses (Cooking Gas, Electricity + Cabel etc)
Prefer house within 1 hr distance of office
Car expenses (Monthly installment + Insurance + Gas)
Avalibility of public transport?
Tax deduction: ?

Please help me to understand approximately how much I would be able to save per month considering above points.

Thanks in advance
Amol N
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2013, 09:48 AM

289 posts, read 608,308 times
Here is recent post in this forum that should apply to you...

Planning to move to New Jersy, Edison from India

Rental in Maple shade will be a bit cheaper in Maple Shade compared to Edison (the city discussed in the thread I linked above). There are lots of apartment complexes in Maple Shade, you should be able to get 1 Bedroom apartment for about $900 and two bedroom apartment for about $1100, I think.

Old 12-27-2013, 05:41 AM

2 posts, read 2,322 times
Thanks .....

Any help on below

Car expenses (Monthly installment + Insurance + Gas)
Avalibility of public transport?
Tax deductions ?[LEFT]
[/LEFT]

Old 12-27-2013, 11:08 AM

592 posts, read 1,478,693 times
South Jersey mass transit is not great. There are bus routes, but only two train lines (Patco and River line) neither of which make it to Maple Shade.

72,000 a year (minus taxes), living in an apartment with a basic reliable car, is going to be more than enough money. You'll be able live comfortably and save money.

Car insurance cost will probably be high and surprise you. Its high for everyone. hah
NJ has inexpensive gas compared to neighboring states, and definitely less than other countries.

Glad to help with more information, but considering the high number of Indian workers (tech) in PA/NJ/NY region, I would imagine you have tons of contacts in the area who have a good understanding of the associated costs.

A key thing.. South Jersey (maple shade) housing costs can be much cheaper than North Jersey costs. As you get closer to NY, pricing can get crazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey