Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 06:38 PM

44 posts, read 97,359 times

Advertisements

We are starting a family and considering Sussex county or maybe a move down south, it really depends on the schools, quality of life, etc. What are some of the better elementary schools in the various towns? Middle and High school are a concern as well, not not nearly as much as elementary since that will be the more immediate need in the next few years.

I appreciate the feedback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2014, 07:19 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,721 times
Get outta NJ lol best advice. I'm looking to pack up and leave this year or next.

Old 01-04-2014, 09:48 PM

18 posts, read 43,145 times
I moved to Hampton Township about 2 years ago coming from Ramsey in Bergen County. i still work in Bergen County though so it's a heck of a commute. i didn't really want to move here but my husband wanted a bigger house and land for my two kids and it was either here or Vermont. my oldest will start kindergarten this September and i
also posted a question about the schools with very few responses.

i can only speak of the daycare/preschool my sons attend - Camp Auxilium. I love the place because all the teachers, caregivers, and sisters are so loving and nice. They even have little report cards so youknow what's going on (progress on potty training and naps, etc.) The school is pretty big and you are surrounded by nature whichis nice not like other schools that's just a building. They also have kindergarten there.

my research has yielded that the Hampton Township high school is not so bad and newton high school might be an avoid. You should also visit Wikipedia to check on the different schools. I did that and it told me the ranking of the schools and other little factoids.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:18 PM

13 posts, read 26,103 times
Generally speaking, choose the elementary school based on the performance of the high school. I've found this site quite helpful as it aggregates all public school stats and you can search for homes by school district: SchoolDigger.com - the Easy Way to Evaluate K-12 School Performance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey