Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2014, 09:41 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,394,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
You can figure that every traffic jam in Nj results in some mishap minor and major. Lawsuit against CC because someone headed in uber crowded NYC had a panic attack? Do you know ridiculous that sounds?

What about train and plane delays..how many deaths and meidical emergencies arise that the rabid foaming media has missed?

What about the 100 dead this year in Newark...whose fault is that and why don't you care and why do you get in a lather about CC and not Corey Booker or Obama and the IRS ?

Imagine the major headlines going along the crawler.... churches burned, marytr bombing, US hostages taken....2 lanes closed in political retaliation in NJ !!!!!!!!!!! Children die in hamas bombing

Blumenthal lies about his military service and gets re-elected. Obama is a chronic liar, Holder is a liar. Sebelius is a liar, Obama hired a communist which they later fired when it hit the news, Obama lost a truckload of taxpayer cash on Solyndra despite warning not to 'invest' or rather money launder to his supporters. Two lanes closed in NJ and NJN is in snowstorm of the century coverage with broadcasters living in the studio????

That is why NJ is a joke to the rest of the world. They hold up a lane closure insrtead of the growing deaths in NJ cities. I am sure the world feels safer travelling to NJ once the lane scandal is resolved.

People will ine up for souviner photos with the two lanes and a cardboard cutout of CC in the background.

I'd guess you'd prefer foreign visitors mugging for photos next to the latest chalk outline of a victim of NJ gang violence.

NJ Dems and their media propaganda machine have misplaced their priorities... as usual.
i already commented on how ridiculous the class action suit is. they all are.

plain and train delays? well, if they were caused by gross negligence, or intentional acts, then there would be some attention.

100 dead in newark? who says I don't care?

Obama and the IRS? I'm supposed to get into a lather for something that has already run its news cycle, and wasn't up to Obama's level? C'mon - this story is old news, you know it, but still want to ressurect it.

I know...it's all one big conspiracy by the "liberal media". yup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 09:48 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
one podcast i listen to (slate's gabfest) talked about how, even though it's perfectly reasonable to believe he didn't know this happened, what about the fact that his top aides seem to believe that this was a perfectly acceptable thing to do? that speaks to the culture of the administration. Sure, people can jump in and say Obama/IRS...but look at how many layers removed from Obama the Obama 'scandals' are. We all know, intuitively at least, that the leaders are kept in the dark on these things on purpose, but there's a culture around the leader of what's acceptable and what's not. It's completely right to criticize Obama for not being more deeply in tune with the status of healthcare.gov, but now bring it back to NJ, and wonder...a governor has much fewer responsibilities than a President, and this was basically Christie's right hand woman that did this, in coordination with his hometown school buddy. I mean....what?

NJ politics never stop amazing me.
if this was a democrat governor, you would be downplaying this. its interesting, you play a "moderate" at times but you will make yourself blind to bad things democrats do and want to attack things republicans do.

yes, your believing that conservatives weren't targeted by the IRS and your recent post where you make a joke of some "liberal media conspiracy" are pieces of evidence. you try to make the liberal media thing sound like its some huge ridiculous thing but its really just media outlets picking and choosing what to play up.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:51 AM

88,507 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
eh. i'm getting tired of everything in the news jumping to "terrorism". i get it, and it's a valid point...but i'm just so sick of it. when i lived in hoboken if something happened on the PATH every news story would first announce it wasn't terrorism. there was a fire on the tracks, caused by a homeless guy, and we had to be told it "wasn't terrorism".

all part of keeping us scared.
Well, that's a little different, and I agree that it's ridiculous to try keep people nervous about terrorism. Look, as you guys know, I was in the WTC twice when terrorism actually occurred, and I'm not walking around scared about it and I refuse to be. What I learned from those days is that you're gonna die when you're gonna die and it's a matter of time and chance if you are in the wrong or right place when something like that occurs. As a matter of fact, I was a nervous flier pre-9/11, and now I'll get on a plane without a problem.

My point, however, is that the people who are in charge of the types of facilities that are terrorist targets should by nature of their position take that into consideration before they take actions that would make such facilities more vulnerable to terrorism. It's called being responsible.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
if this was a democrat governor, you would be downplaying this. its interesting, you play a "moderate" at times but you will make yourself blind to bad things democrats do and want to attack things republicans do.

yes, your believing that conservatives weren't targeted by the IRS and your recent post where you make a joke of some "liberal media conspiracy" are pieces of evidence. you try to make the liberal media thing sound like its some huge ridiculous thing but its really just media outlets picking and choosing what to play up.
i hated Corzine. so i don't know why i would downplay this if it was a Democrat governor. that may work for you to feel better about your opinions, but that doesn't make it true.

I never stated conservatives weren't targeted by the IRS.

the media is a corporate hack job. it's got nothing to do with it being "liberal". the media just sucks in general. but again...whatever makes you feel better Captain.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:55 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,320,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post

It's easy to turn a blind eye when Obama had no idea what his IRS was doing (or did he know) or when he said time and time again, "if you like your insurance, you can keep it. if you like your doctor, you can keep them." But, one of Christie's aide's closes down two lanes to the GWB for four days and Christie is part of a conspiracy. He might be, but I sure would like to know if Obama ordered Lerner to target conservative groups. Unfortunately, the media forgets how to investigate and question when there is democrat at the top that could be brought down.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Well, that's a little different, and I agree that it's ridiculous to try keep people nervous about terrorism. Look, as you guys know, I was in the WTC twice when terrorism actually occurred, and I'm not walking around scared about it and I refuse to be. What I learned from those days is that you're gonna die when you're gonna die and it's a matter of time and chance if you are in the wrong or right place when something like that occurs. As a matter of fact, I was a nervous flier pre-9/11, and now I'll get on a plane without a problem.

My point, however, is that the people who are in charge of the types of facilities that are terrorist targets should by nature of their position take that into consideration before they take actions that would make such facilities more vulnerable to terrorism. It's called being responsible.
very good point. i missed that that was your point. i hadn't really considered it from the "terrorism" angle cause i just don't think that way, but it's similar to the public safety angle, just more urgent. i find it amazing really. i didn't realize it was the busiest bridge on the planet. just the consideration of the economic impact it could have. the impact on productivity. the impact on people's lives. even if you get lucky and nothing truly bad happened as a matter of life and death, all the other impacts....it's astounding. it's why i think it's hilarious that the right wing media is trying to draw correlations to any "liberal" scandals they can. whatever.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
It's easy to turn a blind eye when Obama had no idea what his IRS was doing (or did he know) or when he said time and time again, "if you like your insurance, you can keep it. if you like your doctor, you can keep them." But, one of Christie's aide's closes down two lanes to the GWB for four days and Christie is part of a conspiracy. He might be, but I sure would like to know if Obama ordered Lerner to target conservative groups. Unfortunately, the media forgets how to investigate and question when there is democrat at the top that could be brought down.
Wait, did the media not pay attention to the issues with Obama's statements? Cause I read quite a lot of stories about it. Even Bill Maher was railing him for "lying" about it (put it in quotes cause he used that specific word).

If it comes out that Obama himself, or one of his top staffers, directed the IRS to specifically target conservative organizations, I'd criticize him as well. Lerner was a Bush appointee, no? The IRS targeted progressive groups as well, no? Liberal groups actually had their tax exempt status denied, no? Unfortunately, some people forget to read, and then think that the media didn't investigate and question.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
i hated Corzine. so i don't know why i would downplay this if it was a Democrat governor. that may work for you to feel better about your opinions, but that doesn't make it true.

I never stated conservatives weren't targeted by the IRS.

the media is a corporate hack job. it's got nothing to do with it being "liberal". the media just sucks in general. but again...whatever makes you feel better Captain.
you states that both conservatives and liberals were targeted as if it was an equal non-partisan action. that's absolutely a ridiculous position to take. so it shows that you will take ridiculous positions to favor your democrat sensibilities.

the media will make a bigger stink when it comes to nailing a republican over a democrat. I don't really complain about that, I accept it. its no big deal but your effort to downplay it is consistent with how you treated the IRS thing. just pretend its ridiculous to believe it and pretend that anyone who believes it is dumb.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
if this were Corzine brady would be saying "yeah, it was some big conspiracy that went all the way to the top" trying to make it sound ridiculous that someone would even suggest such a thing.

Old 01-10-2014, 10:05 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,655,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryTimrod View Post
i think we can agree that wasn't really life and death for most people. lol
just an inconvenience thing, i'm not defending Christie who I think is a Democrat. My point is the liberal media has some selective outrage.

i get you are an obama fanboy and no problem with democrats abusing the tax agency
You must not be from the area. Because if you you were, you'd understand the implications of what they did. It wasn't just a "minor inconvenience" of a traffic jam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey