Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 12:44 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,961,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by completelyhis View Post
I was only looking for resources! Not judgement.

The police did respond. The bullet came through the wall and sold down the sheet rock.

Yes photos have been taken.
Your first day on the internet?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 03:37 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,036,965 times
Ma'am, the requests keep changing. In the original post you clearly stated:

Quote:
To make a long story short a couple of weeks ago a stray bullet came through my child's window as he lay sleeping. Thankfully he is alive and well. Thankfully I have the means to move.

My questions are: who is responsible? Is it the state or the county? Surely I should receive some sort of compensation for my immediate move as I am also breaking my lease. Despite the situation my landlord is unhappy and may sue for the remaining months. As a parent I have to do what's best. The bullet hole was 12 inches about the bed.

Can you give any further suggestions? I've contacted crime victims assistance and was told that unless this was directly related to me they may not be able too help. In other words, if my son was injured then they could help. I'm distraught and about to be financially drained. The stress is taking a toll.

I'm moving and there are costs associated with that. It's very expensive and I am also still responsible for the remainder of my lease. I cannot afford this.
Any ideas?? Who else can I contact?

Thanks in advance.
But in more recent posts you have stated,

Quote:
It's not about money. I already stayed we have the means. I was seeking resources... Organizations that deal with this, etc.
It's obvious how your posts are swinging wildly from one problem to another there is much more going on regarding this situation that relates to your overall family situation, not just "the bullet" or family security. brookdaleresident even caught you on the May 2012 posts about the landlord at that time. If you renewed the lease on cycle, it would mean you would only have to hang around until mid-April 2014. That should be enough time to find a new place, set up the move, and make arrangements.

If you are now looking for "organizations that deal with this", my question is: Deal with what? You need to clearly define what you are looking for and you need to provide much clearer information as to the areas of NJ we are talking about and your goals moving forward for you and your family.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:12 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,634,706 times
OP claims its not about money, but also says

Quote:
Surely I should receive some sort of compensation for my immediate move as I am also breaking my lease.
and

Quote:
I'm distraught and about to be financially drained
Quote:
I cannot afford this.
If the State/City/County had to pay everyone every time they felt they were in danger in a rental, it would be nuts.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:44 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,650,524 times
Quote:
who is responsible? Is it the state or the county?
How about the idiot who pulled the trigger. A standard handgun round can travel a considerable distance. It can also travel through outer sheathing and past a sheetrock wall. For all you know it could have been some idiot playing around with a firearm that they were unfamiliar with and accidently let a round go.

Good thing you don't live in the country because it's a somewhat common occurrence.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:54 PM

1,037 posts, read 3,151,746 times
Don't shoot the messenger, but no one will compensate for you to move.

Just bite the bullet and move.

Old 01-31-2014, 04:52 PM

13 posts, read 10,729 times
I am moving.... Thanks for the kind replies!

And I didn't go into as much detail as I should have...

Blessings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey