U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 05:07 PM

18,380 posts, read 11,801,827 times

Advertisements

This is getting out of control.

Employees at West Caldwell pizzeria robbed, carjacked while leaving work | NJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 05:08 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,572,137 times
Don't store owners usually have guns to protect their business properties from robberies. If not, a change in self defense law is needed immediately. Self defense is a right, not a privilege. Even in primitive communist controlled corrupted hell called India which I thankfully ran away from, shop owners were allowed to possess weapons to defend themselves against criminals and often used them to prevent robberies.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 01-16-2014 at 05:17 PM..

Old 01-16-2014, 05:50 PM

10,634 posts, read 16,240,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Don't store owners usually have guns to protect their business properties from robberies. If not, a change in self defense law is needed immediately. Self defense is a right, not a privilege. Even in primitive communist controlled corrupted hell called India which I thankfully ran away from, shop owners were allowed to possess weapons to defend themselves against criminals and often used them to prevent robberies.
Civilians can get guns for protection in NJ. There is no law against it, you simply have to follow the application and registration steps.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:05 PM

18,380 posts, read 11,801,827 times
Just saw an interview on WCBS news with the victim and have to say cannot understand how this happened so easily.

The parking lot for the pizzeria is surrounded by homes/apartments on either side as is the rear (back yards of homes around the block), and there are apartments across the street. That plus the place is on a busy street. It must have taken place in the dead of night and or an equally deserted time period. I mean the filth had time to order both men to lie face down, tie them up, and pistol whip at least one victim. All this whilst demanding car keys, wallets, cell phones, etc...

That settles it, think is time to start driving Kia or maybe a Fiat 500 when in NJ, as it seems open season on anything else.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:31 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,340,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Civilians can get guns for protection in NJ. There is no law against it, you simply have to follow the application and registration steps.
Lol you think it's that easy huh? I have my gun permit but the laws here in NJ are out of control. Just ask the judges that deny everyone to carry because for some reason the judge knows best for everyone.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:48 PM

10,554 posts, read 6,030,371 times
Criminals in NJ know that citizens cannot defend themselves and they know that, even if caught, the penalties for even violent crime are very light.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:48 PM

9,347 posts, read 13,929,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
Ha ha. You need to get like 3 character references who live in state and are willing to sign off, and if you want to actually carry the thing, forget about it.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:27 PM

1,644 posts, read 1,985,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

That settles it, think is time to start driving Kia or maybe a Fiat 500 when in NJ, as it seems open season on anything else.
I always think, why draw attention to yourself? It does nothing but invite trouble.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:51 PM

9,347 posts, read 13,929,431 times
My wife's car is missing a wheel cover and she wants to replace it. I said why, it doesn't make any difference. She said it looks ghetto, I told her that will just help her avoid carjackings.

Old 01-17-2014, 05:16 AM

142 posts, read 301,387 times
Getting a concealed carry permit in NJ is basically impossible unless you are retired law enforcement or you do armed private security for a living.

In this fine state we have no right to defend ourselves outside of our home, other than being permitted to carry 3/4 ounces or less of pepper spray. We just have to right to be helpless victims here. As stated above, criminals don't have to worry about encountering armed citizens in the streets. Combine that with our revolving door justice system and you have situations like this.

Just another reason Im looking to leave NJ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or