Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 06:19 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,888,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I can tell you are not familiar with the construction industry in the NY/NJ area.
yep, the "overhead" like kickbacks, unions/mafia, etc...

This will be a sorry Superbowl. "I'm going to New Jersey in early February for vacation!" Sounds lovely. NOT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyStrong1 View Post
This is not actually how it works. It's about the team's style of play, not where the team is from. The weather affects the game, particularly making it easier to run the ball instead of pass. Also, wearing a jersey from a cold weather team or playing a couple more games in the cold than a warm weather team plays does not affect your tolerance for the cold. The players on these teams aren't more likely to be from colder climates.

It does make the experience worse for the fans, but this is a good opportunity for NJ. Also, I don't like when things shut down because it's winter.
Most of the players on both Seattle and Denver hail from the South.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:27 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,767,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post

This will be a sorry Superbowl. "I'm going to New Jersey in early February for vacation!" Sounds lovely. NOT.
Does "I'm going to Indianapolis in early February for vacation" sound any better?

Nope, but they were lauded as great sb hosts

Last edited by GiantRutgersfan; 01-25-2014 at 10:28 PM..

Old 01-25-2014, 09:23 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cBach View Post

Going to a cold-weather state in the winter is certainly not a dream vacation. But being NJ and NYC more than makes up for the weather.

It will also be the first true mass transit superbowl... making it a better experience for the week surrounding the game. I go to the superbowl every year that I can and getting around when there's a huge influx of people was always a PITA.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Going to a cold-weather state in the winter is certainly not a dream vacation. But being NJ and NYC more than makes up for the weather.

It will also be the first true mass transit superbowl... making it a better experience for the week surrounding the game. I go to the superbowl every year that I can and getting around when there's a huge influx of people was always a PITA.
So the fans can take the complicated rail system from NYC to NJ (I've taken it before) or they can walk 10 blocks from the French Quarter to the Superdome.

I'll take option 2 any day.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Does "I'm going to Indianapolis in early February for vacation" sound any better?

Nope, but they were lauded as great sb hosts
But there is one aspect you are overlooking, Indy has a climate controlled dome!

The second thing you are overlooking was there was unseasonably warm weather in Indy that time period. It was in the 60's. If standard Indy weather would have been there, the outcome may have been drastically different.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:09 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,726,919 times
Read this morning that Eric LeGrand the paralyzed football player from Rutgers was given 2 tickets to the Superbowl to see his beloved Broncos!
Though bittersweet as that is the last place he ever walked as the game was played at Met Life it warmed my heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey