Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2014, 07:06 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times

Advertisements

...according to a study conducted by The Washington Post.
However, our placement in "the top ten" of corrupt states should not provide much comfort for us.

NJ isn't among 5 most corrupt states, report says | NJ.com

On a per capita basis, the top three states for governmental corruption--according to this study--were Louisiana, North Dakota, & South Dakota.
I do recall reading, several years ago, that North Dakota was the most corrupt state on a per capita basis, so I guess that this new study is not that surprising.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2014, 07:16 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,407 times
Oh no it is , i find this article amusing and pretty stupid. Reason why its not so high up is since most people dont get convicted here in NJ.

Old 01-24-2014, 08:04 AM

279 posts, read 461,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Oh no it is , i find this article amusing and pretty stupid. Reason why its not so high up is since most people dont get convicted here in NJ.

Yep, cause they bribe the judges and the DAs. When the King/Mob Boss of New Jersey, George Norcross III, was brought up on charges, the federal prosecutor handling the case (the Fat Man himself) "mishandled" the case and King George got off the hook.

Any list of "most corrupt states" that doesn't include Illinois, New Jersey, and New York in its top 5 is bullsh*t.

By the way, what's up with North Dakota being ranked worse than New Jersey???? Is there something going on out there with the oil and gas drilling I don't know about? Seriously, nobody lives there.

Old 01-24-2014, 10:27 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...according to a study conducted by The Washington Post.
However, our placement in "the top ten" of corrupt states should not provide much comfort for us.

NJ isn't among 5 most corrupt states, report says | NJ.com

On a per capita basis, the top three states for governmental corruption--according to this study--were Louisiana, North Dakota, & South Dakota.
I do recall reading, several years ago, that North Dakota was the most corrupt state on a per capita basis, so I guess that this new study is not that surprising.

Our problem is we pay much more, in taxes, than other states for our corruption.

I would just like it to be a lot cheaper.

Old 01-25-2014, 05:51 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
As Dems have legacy control in NJ they are not about to investigate their kin. Just as gang proliferation and incidents of violence, the towns supress the news with the help of the media to attract business and visitors.

A celebration is not in order no matter where NJ falls on the list of the most corrupt. Pride in not being in the top five on some creatuiive statistical listing used as a news filler is what keeps Newak, Newark.

Old 01-25-2014, 07:47 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
I suspect NJ just has more people per politician than the Dakotas. As for Louisiana... well, it's always been a synonym for corruption, they may actually have us beat.

Old 01-25-2014, 08:20 AM

11,344 posts, read 16,699,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wine View Post
Yep, cause they bribe the judges and the DAs. When the King/Mob Boss of New Jersey, George Norcross III, was brought up on charges, the federal prosecutor handling the case (the Fat Man himself) "mishandled" the case and King George got off the hook.

Any list of "most corrupt states" that doesn't include Illinois, New Jersey, and New York in its top 5 is bullsh*t.

By the way, what's up with North Dakota being ranked worse than New Jersey???? Is there something going on out there with the oil and gas drilling I don't know about? Seriously, nobody lives there.
I'd love to see the link? Seriously.

Old 01-25-2014, 09:45 AM

19,122 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
I'd love to see the link? Seriously.
+1

I've got a pretty good memory for things of a legal and/or political nature, and I do not recall Norcross being prosecuted by Christie's office when he was US Attorney for NJ, so I would also love to see a link regarding that allegation.

As to the statement about Christie allegedly being "the prosecutor who mishandled the case", as US Attorney for NJ, he was essentially the office administrator and never actually went into a courtroom to prosecute a case. The prosecution of a case would be handled (or mishandled) by a Deputy US Attorney.

Incidentally, for those who are not familiar with the big guy's legal background, he has essentially no courtroom experience, even from his time as an attorney in private practice. Almost all of his "legal" work was as a lobbyist for the Palatucci law firm in Cranford, where he represented firms such as Bernie Madoff's enterprise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: