Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 07:53 PM

145 posts, read 314,857 times

Advertisements

I was an idiot and gave them my info when they called a few months ago. I swear I never fall for stuff like this, but I thought I was getting a rebate check in the mail or something (must not have been thinking straight).

Haven't noticed any changes in my bill, but I called up PSEG and had it switched and called Alpha Gas and Electric and had them cancel their service. Surprisingly, the lady at Alpha Gas and Electric was pleasant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2018, 09:15 AM

1 posts, read 618 times
Hi, I also got a call from alpha and I didn’t give my information but I said yes for the information that they have, and i was in the third party verification and they gave me a number and few days later I got a package with everything of them, now I have one month with them and I am paying less and few days ago they told me like this was a scam but I am paying less and I have no problem at all, so I don’t know what to do

Old 12-04-2018, 10:13 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ana Mcklein View Post
Hi, I also got a call from alpha and I didn’t give my information but I said yes for the information that they have, and i was in the third party verification and they gave me a number and few days later I got a package with everything of them, now I have one month with them and I am paying less and few days ago they told me like this was a scam but I am paying less and I have no problem at all, so I don’t know what to do
You are probably on market based pricing which can go up at any time, and up significantly.
I'd call PSE&G if I were you and return to their service, ASAP

Old 10-05-2019, 03:42 PM

1 posts, read 423 times
[url]https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/pomona/profile/energy-service-company/alpha-gas-and-electric-llc-0121-138671[/url]

Old 10-06-2019, 01:14 PM

82 posts, read 84,055 times
We've been getting a lot of scam calls where it starts with a robocall saying that they are calling to offer a fifty dollar gift card, if we change suppliers, and then if you press one, a live telemarketer comes on. I finally put my husband on the line, and when they asked what we thought of our current electricity supplier, he said, "It's simply shocking!" The telemarketer didn't understand, so my husband said, "Electricity is simply shocking!" They hung up.

Old 10-06-2019, 03:14 PM

19,127 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalisa12 View Post
when they asked what we thought of our current electricity supplier, he said, "It's simply shocking!" The telemarketer didn't understand, so my husband said, "Electricity is simply shocking!" They hung up.
For a couple of years--before I had Caller ID--I got a LOT of calls from Mumbai, trying to sell me a solar power system for my home. When I had the time to play with these annoying people, I would tell them...
I already own the solar system!.

When they didn't seem to catch-on, I would urge them to go to the nearest planetarium in order to view earth's solar system, and then they would understand that I already owned the entire solar system. Eventually, they "caught-on" to the reality that I was very willing to waste their time, and they stopped calling me.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:39 PM

82 posts, read 84,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
For a couple of years--before I had Caller ID--I got a LOT of calls from Mumbai, trying to sell me a solar power system for my home. When I had the time to play with these annoying people, I would tell them...
I already own the solar system!.

When they didn't seem to catch-on, I would urge them to go to the nearest planetarium in order to view earth's solar system, and then they would understand that I already owned the entire solar system. Eventually, they "caught-on" to the reality that I was very willing to waste their time, and they stopped calling me.
Yes, it is great fun to waste their time! And then I block them from calling again.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 266 times
I know this is an old thread but I figured I'd share that this company still uses their underhand tactics. At least once per month these Alpha people gain access to my building knocking on doors trying to get residents to show them our PSEG bills and offer us a lower rate.

Either they camp outside the entrance or press random buzzers to gain access to the building then just knock on everyone's door.

The latest one I dealt with seemed like a young and nervous kid.

Old 08-14-2020, 11:19 AM

109 posts, read 125,475 times
I got my refund and now I'm typing this reply on a beach is St. Thomas. Thanks Alpha!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey