Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 12:00 PM

118 posts, read 316,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
“These people were under fire and their lives were at risk and look what happened as they sat in their warm cosy office listening to murder happen.”

“Also to have a top official such as hillary say what does it matter is a big slap in the face to those families that lost their loved ones in benghazi.”

“I would rather have a governor make my kids late on a school bus then have a president and hillary telling me what difference does it make that your child is dead.”
While I appreciate your passion and you have some valid points about corruption on both sides, some of your statements make me think we could not have reasonable meaningful dialog. Did Hilary say she did not care that people died? Did the president say it doesn't make a difference if Americans died?

My point is that intent and control are important consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 12:42 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,074,799 times
Quote:
9/11 has nothing to do with this, I have my own opinion and views on it and it's a touchy subject I'd prefer not to talk about. Yes , we did what we could have done, we sent out help and tried to help as much as possible to get everyone out. It's not like we were under fire and being refused help or additional assistance.

No you sound ridiculous since the people that died in benghazi were denied help aka additional troops multiple times. They were under fire and we're denied help, what can't you grasp about that? Also to have a top official such as hillary say what does it matter is a big slap in the face to those families that lost their loved ones in benghazi. So to say Christie would be just as bad or worse then this is just an assumption off of emotions or just political views.

You talk about presidential , yeah look at the moron we have now as potus , he has caused lots of harm knowingly and willingly to fulfill his godlike ways.

There is and always will be corruption in politics, rather playing the blame game it needs to end on both sides . I never said what Christie did was right or okay but no harm was done, it was a traffic jam done out of political bull**** , same traffic jam could of happened if it was a fatal car accident on the bridge.
Have you been partying with Phillip Seymour Hoffman? WTF are you babbling on about?

Old 02-06-2014, 01:46 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Have you been partying with Phillip Seymour Hoffman? WTF are you babbling on about?
Really? Nice job making fun of someone that passed away u dumb ass . Nah I been partying with Charlie Sheen ! Lol .

Old 02-06-2014, 01:56 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,559 times
David Wildstein ratted Christie out......

Seriously derailed thread. Shouldn't this be moved to P&OC???

Old 02-06-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvs View Post
David Wildstein ratted Christie out......

Seriously derailed thread. Shouldn't this be moved to P&OC???
We were attempting to educate a neocon mouthbreather like aedribbler but it's like trying to teach a banana slug algebra.

Old 02-06-2014, 02:39 PM

1,743 posts, read 1,658,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
We were attempting to educate a neocon mouthbreather like aedribbler but it's like trying to teach a banana slug algebra.
Says the unicorn living in a fantasy land. .....

Old 02-06-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Says the unicorn living in a fantasy land. .....
Under Obamacare your anti-psychotic meds would be fully covered.

Old 02-06-2014, 05:50 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,932,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
I have noted the many 'fair' minded people who have found Christie 'guilty' before the verdict is in.
Here we are February 5, 2014, yet NO evidence of guilt. Still, the anti-Christie element insist Christie is guilty. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty.........?

Now Obama (the Saint), 5 years of lies, lies and lies. His 'transparent' government where everything is done behind closed doors. Where is the equal out pour against Obama ??? None, and why......
because the liberal news is in Obama's back pocket, and they do not report any adverse information about Obama. Die hard democrats and the 'uninformed' democrats still grovel before Obama, even as they lose their health insurance due to the idiotic Obama care scheme the American public was saddled with.

Thank God some of those 'uninformed' people are waking up to the to the real meaning of Obama care.
The young and healthy are expected to pay for those without funds to pay for insurance. Even the young are not that stupid.......

Today, how many Obama voters are happy with their 2012 vote ???
You must be a Fox dittohead.
** NO evidence against Christie??
** The young and healthy always pay for the old and sick. Do you know how insurance works?
** People are not "losing" their health insurance. Corporate junk insurers are dumping them because their offerings don't measure up, and the dumpees qualify for cheaper and better policies.
** What are the Obama "big lies" of right-wing choice? Don't just throw out Fox cliches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
so I abstain. However, you refer, I take it, to the Republican Congress as the party of 'no'.
For your own edification check with the democratic 'Senate' the 'NO' party, when it comes to passing job bills. 'NO' to passing many Republican bills. Don't want to give the Republican party credit for anything....
The repub senatorial actions are mostly designed to repeal Obamacare or defeat other legislation in the name of obstruction - that's their acknowledged mission and all they know how to do.
Rather than improving legislation, their riders to bills were designed to defeat the legislation itself and nothing more - again for the purpose of obstruction.
Their "jobs bills" are always nothing more than gifts for the super rich - you know, trickle-down, which is a proven failure. That is their only idea for a jobs bill.
Perhaps you can explain why these repub "patriots" oppose real jobs bills.
http://thinkprogress.org/security/20...vets-job-bill/
http://www.stabenow.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=804

This is all the repubs are capable of doing. Yep, y'all really care about jobs eh?

Last edited by detwahDJ; 02-06-2014 at 06:14 PM..

Old 02-06-2014, 06:45 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,932,724 times
Quote:
No , your replies show your ignorance and says a lot about you. The middle man will still make money even with Obamacare, this isnt about a CEO , this is about providing insurance for everyone right ? Well we already have a service in our system for that , so people with low or no income can get that already.

If you want to complain about the denial of services why dont you ask those people that have now been cancelled off their plans due to Obamacare, are you this much in denial ?

You still didnt answer my question tho , typical .

You say this is too early to tell how well Obamacare is working so then you are like the rest of the sheep that want to pass legislation on something that you have no idea what is in it or how it works right? Just pass something and see what comes of it ?

We see exactly how well it is working.
** We already have a service for low-income people - except you can't name it?
** Nobody has been cancelled. They have been dropped by their corporate insurers - you know, the 'free market' system. People dropped qualify for better policies.
** We know how it works. It is like Romneycare, which was invented by the RW Heritage Foundation.

A) Virtually the same program.
Romneycare Architect: Individual Mandate 'Very Similar' In Obama, Romney Bills

B) Popular in Massachusetts.
If ObamaCare Is So Bad, How Does RomneyCare Survive? - Forbes
Poll: 'RomneyCare' Overwhelmingly Popular In Massachusetts | ThinkProgress

C) The original architects.
The Heritage Foundation Designed Obamacare to Preclude Single Payer.Republicans Win Again! | MyFDL
How the Heritage Foundation, a Conservative Think Tank, Promoted the Individual Mandate - Forbes

So, got it now? The Heritage Foundation drafted the original idea (mainly as an alternative to single-payer), Romney adopted it, and Obamacare is modelled after it.
Now, just take note of the right-wing scramble to disavow it all.

Old 02-06-2014, 08:39 PM

Pfft...Heritage Foundation? Bunch of pie-in-the-sky libruls.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey