Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 07:45 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlite View Post
finally, nail in the coffin
That remains to be seen.

Like the hoboken mayor's claims.

Forget where you live?

This is NJ, land of insanely corrupt politicians, institutional graft and myopic dems of the hypocratic persuasion. To cry about the closure of two lanes of traffic while NJ suffers from serious and costly corruption that bleeds the taxpayers dry is what makes NJ a national joke.

Hey, how about that Federal investigation of Menendez that is current? "FINALLY A NAIL IN THE COFFIN!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 07:50 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,205,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
one thing I find funny is the people that genuinely believed that he didn't know.

never believe a politician's words. trust your own judgment instead.
Makes sense, however, that has had zero impact on state and national level politics and is leveled only as a weapon not an ethical philosophy.

Holy than thou just doesn't make it anymore as the self righteous dems apparently don't see themselves as a national joke.

A president lies through his teeth about major legislation and not a peep. A rep gov is suspected of lying about lane closures and the dems start building a gallows. All the while silence on the trial lawyers sponsored NJ senator who is under federal investigation.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:27 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Makes sense, however, that has had zero impact on state and national level politics and is leveled only as a weapon not an ethical philosophy.

Holy than thou just doesn't make it anymore as the self righteous dems apparently don't see themselves as a national joke.

A president lies through his teeth about major legislation and not a peep. A rep gov is suspected of lying about lane closures and the dems start building a gallows. All the while silence on the trial lawyers sponsored NJ senator who is under federal investigation.
I understand that no democrat is any less guilty of the kinds of stuff Christie does politically. take the mayor of Hoboken for example who said she was pressured to spend money a certain way in order for Christie to release sandy aid money. I have no doubt that she plans to spend that sandy aid money similarly to how Christie planned. she would spend it according to her own pet projects that she was given money for by people who would benefit from the projects. politicians are all guilty of this because they see it as their job. selling their power to spend taxpayer money to the highest bidder. im sure she didn't like Christie telling her how to spend the money for his corrupt reasons, she has her own corrupt reasons for where she wants to spend it.

so when I say Christie knew, its because I believe he knew. its not because I believe he is any less or more corrupt than any other politician. you want better politicians? take away their power to spend taxpayer money and replace it with incentive to actually do a good job.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:31 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,085 times
Christie's a micromanager. In the Times article the other day it said he even selected the members of a Physical Therapists Board. He knew and his underlings like Wildstein & Brigid know that he knew. His denial yesterday said "I had no PRIOR knowledge of the plot" Well nobody ever said that Chris!

Like your Mom always said, when the.lies pile up, you cant even remember what the 1st lie was all about. He's toast.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:52 AM

11,336 posts, read 16,689,377 times
Yep, he's toast. Same as both Clintons. Especially Bill when he lied under oath to congress.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:56 AM

646 posts, read 926,034 times
I am not sure what Clinton, Benghazi and Obama have to do with this thread. All off topic and meaningless.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:17 AM

1,743 posts, read 1,657,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenlite View Post
I am not sure what Clinton, Benghazi and Obama have to do with this thread. All off topic and meaningless.
Meaningless ? Glad you find it meaningless and im sure you wouldnt feel that way if that was your father or son that was murdered and the government gives 2 ****s about it .

Point is , due to a traffic jam everyone thinks its the end of the world , what he did was not right by any means but lets not pick and choose whats right and wrong now and act blind or deaf. I have never seen so much media and outcry over a traffic jam but when you look at bigger problems nobody says ****.

You people sit back and act like little pansies. Grow some balls

Old 02-01-2014, 10:21 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,199,104 times
Wildstein's claiming less than the press is implying; he's not tying Christie to the order to close the lanes or even claiming that Christie knew why the lanes were closed; he's only saying the Christie knew the lanes were closed while they were closed.

Old 02-01-2014, 10:34 AM

646 posts, read 926,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Meaningless ? Glad you find it meaningless and im sure you wouldnt feel that way if that was your father or son that was murdered and the government gives 2 ****s about it .

Point is , due to a traffic jam everyone thinks its the end of the world , what he did was not right by any means but lets not pick and choose whats right and wrong now and act blind or deaf. I have never seen so much media and outcry over a traffic jam but when you look at bigger problems nobody says ****.

You people sit back and act like little pansies. Grow some balls
If it was your kids stuck on those buses for hrs or your relatives waiting for delayed emergency services, u wouldnt say it was just a traffic jam. Hitler and Stalin killed millions, which is also way worse than this scandal or even now they are killing people in Ukraine for protesting. If someone did worse wrong or evil, doesnt make this one go away. Point is, its still offtopic and if u wan discuss those things open a new thread for them.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:28 PM

323 posts, read 575,025 times
just for the record I had hopes for Christy in 2016 ,I believe those hopes are now gone

what I truly want everyone here to focus on is this

everyone constantly says follow the money which holds a lot of weight ,with that said the welloff have always caused much more debt and stolen tax payer money then any poor person could ever

remember that the next time anyone wants to pass blame on social programs

and the poor people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey