Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 10:43 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times

Advertisements

Nearly 25% raises for a staff that we learned is largely incompetent?

An angry Governor Christie defended the decision to give his staff hefty raises, saying Friday that several high-level people left his office in recent months and those who stayed have more responsibility and should get bigger salaries.

The Republican governor also said that the total amount he pays his staff now is $240,000 less than it was at the end of his first term last year, before staff members left.

“People who take on more responsibility deserve more pay,” Christie said, responding to a reporter’s question at an event in Tennessee, where he was campaigning for the state’s Republican governor. “In fact, if my budget in the governor’s office is a quarter of a million dollars less than it was when I was sworn in, then I’ve done the right thing, and I’m showing that we’re sacrificing the same way that I’m asking other people to sacrifice in difficult budget times.”

The Record reported Friday that Christie gave raises to 27 staff members, totaling more than $330,000 in additional payments. The average raise was 23 percent.

News - NorthJersey.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2014, 11:08 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Think about it...
If somebody is trying to keep them silent regarding Bridgegate, Sandy Relief problems, and other ethical issues...
What better way is there to keep them mute than to keep them on staff and give them massive pay raises?

As LBJ supposedly said about somebody on his staff who could have done damage to him politically...
"I'd rather have him inside the tent, pizzing out, instead of outside the tent, pizzing in".

Old 05-31-2014, 11:33 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Nearly 25% raises for a staff that we learned is largely incompetent?

An angry Governor Christie defended the decision to give his staff hefty raises, saying Friday that several high-level people left his office in recent months and those who stayed have more responsibility and should get bigger salaries.

The Republican governor also said that the total amount he pays his staff now is $240,000 less than it was at the end of his first term last year, before staff members left.

“People who take on more responsibility deserve more pay,” Christie said, responding to a reporter’s question at an event in Tennessee, where he was campaigning for the state’s Republican governor. “In fact, if my budget in the governor’s office is a quarter of a million dollars less than it was when I was sworn in, then I’ve done the right thing, and I’m showing that we’re sacrificing the same way that I’m asking other people to sacrifice in difficult budget times.”

The Record reported Friday that Christie gave raises to 27 staff members, totaling more than $330,000 in additional payments. The average raise was 23 percent.

News - NorthJersey.com
Link please?

Old 05-31-2014, 01:35 PM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Link please?
Perhaps you have something wrong with your computer, as the link appears on my screen and the link also works.
If you can't see the link then something must be wrong with your computer.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:17 AM

11,337 posts, read 16,691,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Perhaps you have something wrong with your computer, as the link appears on my screen and the link also works.
If you can't see the link then something must be wrong with your computer.

Nothing wrong with my computer. I was asking for the link were the poster said that Christie's staffers were incompetent.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:51 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Christie busy giving out millions in guv'mint cheese to all his boys:

Chris Christie’s New Jersey administration awarded a $105.6m public subsidy to a property venture involving a close friend and financial backer of the governor, after state law was amended to enable the project to qualify for the money.

The venture, in one of the state’s poorest cities, appears potentially lucrative for the friend, Jon Hanson, a wealthy real estate tycoon who headed the fundraising operations for Christie's election campaigns, chairs a policy commission for the governor, and is a longstanding Republican donor.

Under the plans, Hanson’s real estate company will develop a hotel and an office building near a hospital in the city of Paterson in a “joint venture” with a non-profit organisation. Hanson’s firm will end up owning the $53m office building, which could be worth millions of dollars a year in rental revenues.

The site is located outside a city zone in which businesses were originally eligible for the state funding program. It did not appear to meet the usual requirements for creating jobs and future tax revenues that were placed on other projects that were seeking the funding.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ure-new-jersey

Old 06-03-2014, 10:12 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,471,209 times
What has christie done for NJ? What are his accomplishments? Did taxes go down?

He doesn't want to invest in NJ transit even though it functions has the arteries of the state. There have been no passenger rail expansions. NJ cities are still hellholes even though some of them have a lot of potential. Why is AC not fixed up? That should be a freaking money maker.

Christie does not care about infrastructure at all. I don't really see any presidential material. He didn't do anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Christie was done as a contender when he tripped Romney right at the finish line by embracing Obama right before the election.
Romney had a terrible campaign and he lost the white vote. If you can't beat a black guy named Barack Hussein Obama post-9/11, you got problems. Could be because he was Morman too. Bible thumpers don't trust Mormans.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:55 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
What has christie done for NJ? What are his accomplishments? Did taxes go down?

He doesn't want to invest in NJ transit even though it functions has the arteries of the state. There have been no passenger rail expansions. NJ cities are still hellholes even though some of them have a lot of potential. Why is AC not fixed up? That should be a freaking money maker.

Christie does not care about infrastructure at all. I don't really see any presidential material. He didn't do anything.

Romney had a terrible campaign and he lost the white vote. If you can't beat a black guy named Barack Hussein Obama post-9/11, you got problems. Could be because he was Morman too. Bible thumpers don't trust Mormans.
Do we have the money to expand NJT?

I'm going with no. This is why he shot down the new tunnel NYC wanted to connect with NJ. We want it, too, but we need to fund it…

Old 06-05-2014, 09:39 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Why are the dems wasting taxpayer money on an investigation when the feds are wasting taxpayer money on an investigation?

What happens if the fed and state investigation come to different conclusions?

Is this the typical legal strategy when a case can't be prosecuted on its merit, the intent becomes to look for a lie and prosecute on that? Of course the lie may have nothing to do with the content of the charges.

Draaaaaaaaaag it out to keep CC out of the running for prez.

How much taxpayer money will be spent for political revenge against CC on the closure of two lanes in a state where lane closures are a daily event?

In business, unlike politics, the cost of the legal battle is always a consideration but not when the money spent is someone else's.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:01 PM

2,535 posts, read 6,664,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Why are the dems wasting taxpayer money on an investigation when the feds are wasting taxpayer money on an investigation?

What happens if the fed and state investigation come to different conclusions?

Is this the typical legal strategy when a case can't be prosecuted on its merit, the intent becomes to look for a lie and prosecute on that? Of course the lie may have nothing to do with the content of the charges.

Draaaaaaaaaag it out to keep CC out of the running for prez.

How much taxpayer money will be spent for political revenge against CC on the closure of two lanes in a state where lane closures are a daily event?

In business, unlike politics, the cost of the legal battle is always a consideration but not when the money spent is someone else's.
+1 well said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey