U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 01:53 PM

30 posts, read 43,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGUYEdison View Post
Since you assumed I must be a Democrat (which is so far from the truth, been a Republican since the late 60s.) I will tell you what I assume about you. These assumptions are based on the way you talk to people and how you act. I bet I am right on:

You have a tiny johnson. You have been ashamed by it your entire life.

You were mostly rejected by women, and when you weren't they were so shocked and displeased by your tiny member they never called you again.

And maybe, you work for Systrum and like taking honest, hard working people's money.

No go get that surgery to make it bigger and be nicer to people.

Good God! You are that immature that you can only post this sort of an imbecilic response!

Then again, I guess that knuckle-dragging troglodytes have First Amendment freedoms.

The wonderful thing about the First Amendment is that it allows a person to make a complete fool of himself...something you've proved with this moronic post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2014, 07:09 PM

24 posts, read 33,362 times
Default Better Business Bureau Weighs In

Systrum's Rating has been updated to an "F". In addition, they lost their Better Business Bureau accreditation.

Among the reasons cited are their "failure to honor commitment to arbitrate or mediate disputes" and unresolved disputes.

Systrum Energy Review - Oils - Fuel in Fairview, NJ - BBB Business Review - BBB serving New Jersey

Old 06-17-2014, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGigli View Post
The cost of depositions, stenographers, court filling fees, photo copies, secretarial time, etc. are all deducted from any settlement. If those costs exceed what's left over, the members of the class action are liable.

Granted, it doesn't happen in every class action, but there's still the potential that you could be on the hook for the above.

At best, you'll wind up with an "I Love Systrum" t-shirt with a picture of Alex Tullo on the back.

This is from Wikipedia:

"Class members often receive little or no benefit from class actions. Examples cited for this include large fees for the attorneys, while leaving class members with coupons or other awards of little or no value; unjustified awards are made to certain plaintiffs at the expense of other class members; and confusing notices are published that prevent class members from being able to fully understand and effectively exercise their rights."

Class action - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And I'm not bitter...I stayed with PSE&G. I'm not calling people scam artists, crooks, and gougers without proof. So I have nothing to be bitter about. It's people like you who are bitter and projecting your poor judgment by making unfounded accusations..

I just think that it's hilarious that you bought into a variable rate, third party spot buyer and are crying the blues now that it blew up in your face.

As far as litigation goes...knock yourselves out! I just hope that you read the fine print before you signed onto the class action....something you obviously didn't do when you switched to a third party, variable rate spot buyer.
No need to file class action lawsuit.

New Jersey Attorney General John J. Hoffman has filed charges against Systrum alleging they defrauded hundreds of consumers through misrepresentations of monthly bill reductions. The State is seeking restitution for affected consumers, as well as civil penalties, attorneys’ fees and costs; as well as future adherence to all applicable marketing, advertising, and contract standards.

Among the complaints are that Systrum:

1) Allegedly lured consumers with promised monthly savings that turned out to be fictional. Even worse, consumers who hoped to save money instead saw their bills increase to unconscionable levels.
2) Allegedly deceived consumers through misrepresentations about “competitive” monthly pricing and/or guarantees that consumers would see reductions in their monthly electric and/or natural gas bills if they switched from their utility providers
3) Allege violations of the Electric Discount and Energy Competition Act, the Consumer Fraud Act, multiple regulations concerning energy licensing and registration, retail choice consumer protection, anti-slamming requirements, and advertising by energy suppliers, and/or the Plain Language Act.
4) Allege Systrum’s advertisements lured consumers with the false promise of “no contracts,” in violation of BPU regulations. Despite this statement, Systrum did use contracts, certain of which contained various misrepresentations and omissions of material facts. For example, certain Systrum contracts did not include a required statement of the residential customer’s rights or a complete list of fees, and some included the name “PSE&G” even though PSE&G was not a party to the contract. In addition, certain Systrum contracts required consumers to waive all consumer rights under New Jersey law.
5) Allege consumers who sought to cancel their service were often unable to reach a live Systrum customer service representative. Consumers who did reach a representative were told they could not cancel without 30 days’ notice – a requirement included in contracts that consumers had never signed or even seen.
6) Allege that after increasing consumers’ energy bills drastically during the first two months of 2014, Systrum abruptly, and without proper notice, discontinued their services and reverted customers back to their original energy suppliers. At the same time, Systrum deactivated its website, leaving consumers without access to information.

Read more at State of New Jersey

Old 06-18-2014, 01:11 PM

592 posts, read 1,923,181 times
good i hope those scums goto jail, i got taken for over $400 on a <$100 bill.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:51 AM

5 posts, read 5,878 times
One of the 3 Third Party Energy Suppliers from the NJ Attorney General Suit has agreed to settle Allegations .

We can only hope that Systrum is next up to return & refund money to customers. I had to explain this to a collection agent 3 weeks ago because PSEG sent my $602 outstanding bill to them after I cancelled service under one name and started new service under another in order to avoid the Systrum / PSEG 3 month waiting period to switch the supplier over.

HIKO Energy, LLC Agrees to Pay $2.1 Million, Including $1.8 Million in Consumer Restitution, and Revise its Business Practices, to Settle Allegations by New Jersey Attorney General, Board of Public Utilities, and Division of Consumer Affairs That the Third-Party Energy Supplier Misled Consumers
See here:
New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs Press Release

Original Suit:
New Jersey Attorney General, Division of Consumer Affairs, and Board of Public Utilities File Suit Against Three Third-Party Energy Suppliers That Allegedly Defrauded Hundreds of Consumers Through Misrepresentations of Monthly Bill Reductions

Old 08-04-2015, 04:33 AM

13,572 posts, read 16,089,591 times
Default Finally, some justice...

...for those who were naïve enough to fall for the Systrum Energy scam:

Get burned on high electric, gas prices in 2014? You might be owed money | NJ.com

Old 08-05-2015, 09:03 AM

Finally, a settlement:

"Fairview-based Keil & Sons Inc., which operates as Systrum Energy, will pay a total $554,698, including $436,131.61 in restitution, as part of a settlement with the state Division of Consumer Affairs and the state Board of Public Utilities."

Systrum Energy to pay consumers after high winter bills bills

Old 08-24-2015, 09:56 AM

12,542 posts, read 17,742,627 times
I called NJ Division of consumer affairs, and they said Systrum customers will be contacted by a 3rd party administrator - the state was just informed this recently.

If anyone hears anything, please share here - and I will do the same.

Old 09-28-2015, 12:55 PM

Default Received Restitution Today

I got a check for $75.64 today from Systrum Energy Settlement c/o RUST Consulting.

Based on my old JCP&L statements from 2014, I overpaid $195.03.

Any apologies from trolls on this threat such as BenGigli who said:"I just think that it's hilarious that you bought into a variable rate, third party spot buyer and are crying the blues now that it blew up in your face."

Systrum Energy Scam

Last edited by Savage228; 09-28-2015 at 01:08 PM..

Old 09-29-2015, 10:59 PM

64 posts, read 104,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage228 View Post
I got a check for $75.64 today from Systrum Energy Settlement c/o RUST Consulting.

Based on my old JCP&L statements from 2014, I overpaid $195.03.

Any apologies from trolls on this threat such as BenGigli who said:"I just think that it's hilarious that you bought into a variable rate, third party spot buyer and are crying the blues now that it blew up in your face."

Systrum Energy Scam

Just got my check from Systrum a few days ago. We won't hear from these weasels. Even when companies are found to have broken laws and are banned from the marketplace, it will still be our fault.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey