Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 08:23 PM

3 posts, read 12,702 times

Advertisements

I received a notice last year the my insurance would terminate Dec 31, and that I needed to go online to apply for obamacare by Dec 14 in order for there to be no lapse in coverage. So I applied through healthcare.gov Nov 23, 2013 ad was told that I dont qualify for obamacare,but I do qualify for an HMO through NJ Medicaid. They said I had to do NOTHING and if I didnt hear anything by mid January NOT to worry that my coverage would be retroactive back to Jan 1. The end of Jan I received a call saying not to worry that my coverage was still being processed and would still be retroactive. Today I called NJ Fam care & pressed the option to check the status of my claim and could not get through it just kept disconnecting me! I called my local Medicaid office and no one answered...I called NJ Fam care again but pressed the option to start a new application and got through! She told me I was "just approved and the paperwork was just mailed out on the 14th". So I asked if I could just pick my HMO now over the phone so I could get my coverage started. SO I did.. but THEN she said the coverage doesnt start till April 1st and is NOT retroactive at all!! I told her thats NOT what it states online nor is it what I was told originaly. She said I'd have to take it up with Medicaid and she gave me the medicaid hotline #...I called and of course could not get a live person no matter what option I pressed...it only gave you other numbers to call. So I looked online and called a random NJ County Medicaid office who pulled up my info on her computer and said only if my Drs took medicaid could my coverage be retroactive!! Unbelievable!!!
Today I wrote an email to Gov Christie...which Im sure was a waste of time... What else can I do???

Kim

Old 02-19-2014, 07:48 AM

4,151 posts, read 4,170,113 times
Stop voting Democrats and get a real job that off health care. I am dead serious. The government is broke and please don't expect more handout.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:25 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Stop voting Democrats and get a real job that off health care. I am dead serious. The government is broke and please don't expect more handout.
Surely you'd be OK with ending oil subsidies for billion dollar companies then.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:46 AM

2,105 posts, read 6,660,438 times
Christie is number one when it comes to handing out govt. money

New Jersey's Tax Incentives Soar as Job Growth Lags Behind

Old 02-19-2014, 10:26 AM

23,529 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
The oil industry taxes are the mainline supply of federal cash to be handed out in exchange for votes.

Be careful what you wish.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:32 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
this is such a ridiculous thing to say. its only braindead leftists that pretend to be sooooo worried about these oil "subsidies."

Oil & Gas Tax Provisions Are Not Subsidies For "Big Oil" - Forbes

given the revenue the government gets from oil operations, its funny that even low information people buy into the whole oil subsidy thing.

but if there were a genuine unfair special subsidy given to oil companies, do you really think a conservative would want to keep that?

Old 02-19-2014, 12:24 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
You foolish people voted for this left wing statist collectivist BS. Now live with it. Or, more accurately, die with it. Cause that's what you wanted.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:27 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
You foolish people voted for this left wing statist collectivist BS. Now live with it. Or, more accurately, die with it. Cause that's what you wanted.
You're right. If you have cancer, don't expect some collectivist statist health care to help you treat it. Cut the freaking cancer ball out yourself! That's the American Way!!!!!!

Old 02-19-2014, 12:35 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You're right. If you have cancer, don't expect some collectivist statist health care to help you treat it. Cut the freaking cancer ball out yourself! That's the American Way!!!!!!
so now all health care is statist? I suppose you are making a low information jump in calling health insurance a form of "statism."

or really im sure you were focusing on the "collectivism" word for that one but you included "statism" because you figured you needed to in order to oppose what marc said.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:37 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
The American Way is freedom. The Soviet Way is collectivism. The American Way produced the best health care system in the history of humanity. The Obama-Soviet system that is growing like a societal cancer is now showing it's true self. Death panels, cost cutting, doctors leaving the business, and the death of innovation and invention under the yolk of collectivist mediocrity.

But that's what y'all wanted. And that's what y'all are getting. And now that you see the first tiny slivers of reality, y'all want to scream that "this is not what we signed on for". Well, yes it is. In every way. You signed up for tyranny, mediocrity, and statist power-mongering. And I am happy to report that you are getting exactly what you asked for and exactly what you deserve. Bad dumb people deserve bad dumb government. And I am unhappy to report that the quality of the American citizen is now reflected in the retarded power-grabbing mental midgets that we have elected to represent and govern us.

And this, my friends, is just the beginning. You want better? You can't handle better!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: