Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 10:17 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,854,770 times

Advertisements

We have progressive. It is $92 a month for 2 drivers 1 car full coverage. 27 married homeowners perfect records. Our insurance went down by a $30 a month moving from renting in Passaic to owning in Bergen County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 10:24 AM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
Mine went down but I came from Florida and I moved into Sussex Co.

Old 12-05-2007, 12:33 PM

72 posts, read 385,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe moving View Post
We have progressive. It is $92 a month for 2 drivers 1 car full coverage. 27 married homeowners perfect records. Our insurance went down by a $30 a month moving from renting in Passaic to owning in Bergen County.
Oh really great ideas everyone. I have progressive now too. So I should call asap. I don't have a bad record. Never got a tkt in my life (pls knock on wood) So I guess I should be in the clear. It's just that when I moved here & one of my close friends told me what he pays in insurance I almost

But then he is a maniac speeder like no other (no really I say a prayer everytime I get in his car). Also he just got a new Porsche so I should have put one & one together.

But friends finance who was driving an Acura at the time suggested I keep it NC & he told me how he kept his in MA...so I figured what the heck

Old 12-06-2007, 08:26 PM

49 posts, read 202,756 times
Progressive is cheaper than Geico in NJ! NJ Manufacturers is the best of the best but not all can get in it...

Old 12-06-2007, 08:52 PM

142 posts, read 537,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneone10 View Post
So I have been bad for over 2+ yrs now.....Simply I have been using my NC insurance status even though I have been living in NJ for over 2+ yrs

Well I just bought a place so I don't think it would be as easier to continue using my parents addy in NC would it? If so, I have heard all of the horror stories about NJ high insurance rates. Would anyone be able to provide some insights on some relatively affordable ins. comp? Thanks

You like to live dangerous. As former adjuster I would say that if you are ever involved in an accident and you hurt somebody ....lets say severly....like a little girl and put her in a wheelchair for the rest of her life with brain damage...and the case most likely is litigated and discovery finds you as a primary resident of New Jersey, you and your lawyer may receive a registered letter which advises:

.....INSURANCE FRAUD......COVERAGE DENIED!!!!!!

If I were you, I would make sure I had NJ coverage yesterday.. and consider this the best advice ever received.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mab7 View Post
Progressive is cheaper than Geico in NJ! NJ Manufacturers is the best of the best but not all can get in it...
Oh I dream & you all continue to taunt me with NJM I guess I am not cool enough to be a part of the circle.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseybt View Post
You like to live dangerous. As former adjuster I would say that if you are ever involved in an accident and you hurt somebody ....lets say severly....like a little girl and put her in a wheelchair for the rest of her life with brain damage...and the case most likely is litigated and discovery finds you as a primary resident of New Jersey, you and your lawyer may receive a registered letter which advises:

.....INSURANCE FRAUD......COVERAGE DENIED!!!!!!

If I were you, I would make sure I had NJ coverage yesterday.. and consider this the best advice ever received.
Oh My oh MY no need to kick that hard newjerseybt. I guess Yesterday is too late will today do. Just jesting but I really need to get this updated asap. So I am now contemplating keeping progressive, or using 21st cent? No I don't think I can be a member of NJM. I need to find their membership roster!!!

Old 12-07-2007, 07:41 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,962,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneone10 View Post
Oh I dream & you all continue to taunt me with NJM I guess I am not cool enough to be a part of the circle.
it has nothing to do with coolness, either you qualify or you don't. You could always seek employment with an employer that is an NJBIA member, that membership allows it's employees to get NJM products or get a job with the state or local governments, those are 2 ways to be allowed to buy NJM insurance.
Visit New Jersey Manufacturers Insurance Company for more info

Old 12-07-2007, 07:56 PM

13 posts, read 59,912 times
Default NJ Auto Insurance

I recently moved out of NJ.
I had insurance from AAA in NJ. You may find it surprising, but yes, AAA also provides auto insurance. you can call up the office closest to you.
They also act like and can give you quote from progressive direct.

Thanks.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:26 AM

253 posts, read 1,266,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblogger View Post
NJ Insurance prices have become a little better but you have to opt for less coverage.

Once you clean up your act...try NJCURE.com and if your company is a member try New Jersey Manufacturers (you may even qualify for their re-insurance with your track history).

I had my first accident in 2007 and I was with Geico. The car who hit me was insured with AIG. While both insurance companies were fantastic in setting me up with a rental, while getting my car repaired asap, Geico wanted to raise my premium.

I went to NJ Cure and they forgave my accident, took away the 2 points that I had and gave me an overall cheaper rate. I love NJCURE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey