Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 09:55 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
The only laws of traffic are enforced by the rules of physics. No one gets away from those. Otherwise cops have no business enforcing anything to do with human travel. It's just none of their business, however we have let them get away with it, including me.
I don't think im on board with that concept. while I do believe that traffic laws should be a matter of safety and not revenue; I do believe there are limits that should be followed. it appears you are saying that you can go whatever speed you like, go through red lights, go through stop signs, etc. as long as you don't hit someone/something. that sounds dangerous and also it sounds like it would make driving a big pain in the butt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2014, 09:57 AM

208 posts, read 468,581 times
I've had two tickets. I hired the same law firm. They got me the $89 obstruction of traffic that has zero points. The law firm was $250 to hire them. I'd do it again b/c it saved me time waiting at the court house (lawyers are the first to go and get out) and I'm not good with asking the procecutor for stuff. They will easily give the unsafe with a $400 surcharge but I'm not sure about the $89 obstruction of traffic.

Good luck. PS you will get a TON of advertisements in the mail. Make sure you plead not guilty and get a new date later on. Then you can call around and see about lawyers. I was able to get mine down a few bucks.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:44 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,044,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmonster1221 View Post
I've had two tickets. I hired the same law firm. They got me the $89 obstruction of traffic that has zero points. The law firm was $250 to hire them. I'd do it again b/c it saved me time waiting at the court house (lawyers are the first to go and get out) and I'm not good with asking the procecutor for stuff. They will easily give the unsafe with a $400 surcharge but I'm not sure about the $89 obstruction of traffic.

Good luck. PS you will get a TON of advertisements in the mail. Make sure you plead not guilty and get a new date later on. Then you can call around and see about lawyers. I was able to get mine down a few bucks.
Can you PM me the name of this firm? I have tons of friends who don't have the hardware I have on my vehicle and they always ask me if I know a good lawyer.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:10 PM

105 posts, read 166,970 times
OP, I'm not entirely sure how this is done, but if you decide to contest the ticket in court and the cop does not show up, it gets rescheduled. There can be three court dates of the cop not showing up for the charge to just get thrown out. The reason why some people rely on this is because the cop doesn't show up 99% of the time. It's only worth it if you have a lot of time to dick around doing this.

If you speed often, save like $500 for a radar and laser detector.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:37 PM

15 posts, read 53,548 times
Default safe driving course?

Few years back I got speeding ticket when vacationing in California (I'm in NYC). I paid the fine and finished online 'safe driving' course (Defensive Driving & Traffic School – Online Courses – I Drive Safely®). Not sure if it works for NJ though...

Alex

Old 03-11-2014, 07:03 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,410 times
Quote:
They will never be able to gauge my speed

Keep dreaming. Anyone who is experienced in speed measuring device operation can estimate the speed within a few mph,. Even the older MPH K55's and the newer Pythons have instant on. Until activated, the unit emitted no signal. It will lock up in a second or two. Far faster than anyone is going to react.

Lawyers will NEVER cute this statute and don't want it know. As your first violation, your rate will not go up. Paying an exorbident amout to save two points is idiotic. Take a online course and have them removed.

Quote:

17:33B-14.1.Speeding violations, certain; surcharge unaffected
1. a.
In calculating a surcharge or other differential in rates based on motor vehicle penalty points promulgated by the Director of the Division of Motor Vehicles
pursuant to section 1 of P.L.1982, c.43 (C.39:5-30.5), including any surcharge or differential based on the schedule of automobile insurance eligibility points
promulgated by the Commissioner of Insurance pursuant to section 26 of P.L.1990,
c.8 (C.17:33B-14), an insurer shall not consider any points assessed for a violation of any lawful speed limitation where the violator exceeded the speed
limitation by less than 15 miles per hour, except that, the insurer may consider any such violations, in excess of one violation, of which the insured has been
convicted in the three-year period immediately preceding the issuance or renewal of the policy. This section shall only apply to violations that occur on
or after the effective date of this act, but shall in no case apply to a violation of subsection a. of R.S.39:4-98. ( Note - School Zone)

Last edited by rscalzo; 03-11-2014 at 07:15 PM..

Old 03-11-2014, 07:48 PM

5,772 posts, read 16,586,846 times
Just walk right in and tell them, Yes we have No bananas,,,It wasn't me,,I wasn't even moving at the time...

Old 03-12-2014, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Keep dreaming. Anyone who is experienced in speed measuring device operation can estimate the speed within a few mph,. Even the older MPH K55's and the newer Pythons have instant on. Until activated, the unit emitted no signal. It will lock up in a second or two. Far faster than anyone is going to react.

Lawyers will NEVER cute this statute and don't want it know. As your first violation, your rate will not go up. Paying an exorbident amout to save two points is idiotic. Take a online course and have them removed.

Keep dreaming?

You don't even know the technology rigged up on my vehicle so why would you even make this sort of comment. Laser isn't going to get me and radar I will have ample warning and I am somewhat protected against it. I have never gotten a speeding ticket in my life thanks to these counter measures. I enjoy watching cops trying to pull my speed and struggling to get it until I turn my equipment off.

Even cops are impressed by my setup and have asked me how well it works.

I blow through your state all the time buddy on my way to North Conway.

Old 03-12-2014, 07:48 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,627,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Keep dreaming?

You don't even know the technology rigged up on my vehicle so why would you even make this sort of comment. Laser isn't going to get me and radar I will have ample warning and I am somewhat protected against it. I have never gotten a speeding ticket in my life thanks to these counter measures. I enjoy watching cops trying to pull my speed and struggling to get it until I turn my equipment off.

Even cops are impressed by my setup and have asked me how well it works.

I blow through your state all the time buddy on my way to North Conway.
What's your secret?

Old 03-12-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exhdo1 View Post
What's your secret?
Even though the things I do are legal I had a post of mine deleted in another thread about the same thing. So I can't share it on CD apparently. Even though moderation in NJ section seems to be a lot more laid back on this than in the PA section.

If you do some research on your own you can find out how you can protect yourself.

Last edited by hooplaman; 03-12-2014 at 08:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: