Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 10:16 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,402,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I just turned 45, so yes, I am officially old. I figure that played into it, but that is just more stupidity on their part. You figure if you play the odds on who has deep pockets, the middle aged white guy is going to be your best bet.
i bet the # of times they see a middle aged white guy in A&F they could count on 1 thumb.

i also think, as someone who's worked in retail, that one of the worst versions of human beings on this planet are the ones who unfold clothes looking through an entire pile. i realize you did this purposely to "get back at them", but it still drives me nuts when i see people rummaging through piles at stores.

i'm sure you made a solid impression on a bunch of 19 yr old kids making $8/hr though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2014, 10:19 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
You think being immature is ok and it felt good.
Are you still in high school?

I hope I never encounter you working in a hospital since you think being immature is just fine for an adult.

If you were not happy with the customer service why did you make the purchase and pay a very small part of those girls salary?
At work I am a completely different person. Very professional. So much so that I am chairman of my department. You would never know what I do on my own time if you encountered me. I do think being immature is fine, and even healthy for an adult. For example, there is a time to be a "parent" to your kids, and there is a time to be goofy and "immature" with them.

I also believe that life is too short to get too upset about things that mean very little, like this. I certainly wasn't going to let a couple of salespeople stop me from getting what I wanted. The way I see it, I got to have my cake and eat it too.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:20 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times
Quote:
Not long ago, someone said they don't like the Short Hills Mall because the store workers are snooty and act like they don't belong there.
I find the concept of someone worker in a short hills mall store being snooty interesting. sure, its a high end mall with lots of high end stores but its not like you make so much more (if any more at all) if you work at Louis Vuitton vs working at coach. I don't want to belittle store workers, but ultimately none of them are making enough to be snooty.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
Listen , i dont think you are getting the bigger picture here. How many times did this happen to you at the same place? Was this the first time or has this happened to you multiple times at the same location? If it was something that bothered you , which it did clearly then you should of reported to a manager in the store. Rather then acting like an adult , you stepped down to an immature level and decided that making a mess would improve or address their sub par customer service.

Are you trying to seek attention that you may have not gotten or dont get? If i am going into a store i dont expect people to come up to me and ask me if i need any help, but out of all the places i go i have never had an issue such as yours. You deem that everyone kiss your ass in whatever store you walk into , if those are your expectations then why dont you attend to stores or areas that provide such services ? Or can you not afford it ? Loosen up a lil bit , you might be happier
I guess you are not from the area, or know this particular mall. I didn't realize this was a low end store. I'm still not sure they are marketing themselves as a low end store as they are surrounded by high end stores. The kind that kiss your ass the minute you walk in the door. The last time I was in this particular store, they didn't sell much clothes. They sold a bunch of other stuff. That was 30 years ago.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I used to be patient in stores but as you get older you get more cranky.
I can see this with my parents. my dad is becoming harder and harder to deal with in restaurants. the other night, his scallop dinner was returned beause 1. they weren't seared properly 2. they were cold & 3. they were small. he sends back food all the time for being "ice cold" but unhappiness with the food is unusual and uncomfortable.

my mom doesn't have as many food issues but when she does she makes a bigger deal of it. I anticipate it getting worse because restaurant selection is always super important to her.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:42 AM

800 posts, read 1,297,185 times
Abercrombie, you can consider, the high end of high school kid clothes. its whats cools and what the popular kids wear. i'm not a big guy but i wear XLs in most of their tops and most of your average american women can't find a shirt to fit them for their life. there is usally 1 or 2 XLs in any womans size and its probably on par with a small or medium at jcrew. how a 45 year old (educated MD?) didnt know who the target consumer was for A&F is beyond me. its not a new brand.

in the context of short hills mall, I would say it is quite possibly the "lowest end" store in the mall with service to match. now you know, next time don't shop at the "poorest" store at short hills and expect neiman marcus / LV/ gucci, etc service.

the kids make $8/hr to work at, what is to them, a cool brand. i challenge you to find anyone over the age of 24 in the store besides MAYBE the store manager

Old 03-24-2014, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I can see this with my parents. my dad is becoming harder and harder to deal with in restaurants. the other night, his scallop dinner was returned beause 1. they weren't seared properly 2. they were cold & 3. they were small. he sends back food all the time for being "ice cold" but unhappiness with the food is unusual and uncomfortable.

my mom doesn't have as many food issues but when she does she makes a bigger deal of it. I anticipate it getting worse because restaurant selection is always super important to her.
Reminds me of the punch line of an old joke "The food there is terrible! And such small portions."
Old people always send stuff back. I never do. I worry about them spitting in it. It must be that "sneaky passive aggressive" part of me, projecting.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:49 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times
It doesn't really matter if the traget shopper is younger, he could have been a parent looking for a gift, and would be even more likely to need help.

And what ever happened to having a little pride in your job, no matter the pay? When I got my first job as a busboy, my parents expected me to try to be the best busboy I could be.

Old 03-24-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penga25 View Post
Abercrombie, you can consider, the high end of high school kid clothes. its whats cools and what the popular kids wear. i'm not a big guy but i wear XLs in most of their tops and most of your average american women can't find a shirt to fit them for their life. there is usally 1 or 2 XLs in any womans size and its probably on par with a small or medium at jcrew. how a 45 year old (educated MD?) didnt know who the target consumer was for A&F is beyond me. its not a new brand.

in the context of short hills mall, I would say it is quite possibly the "lowest end" store in the mall with service to match. now you know, next time don't shop at the "poorest" store at short hills and expect neiman marcus / LV/ gucci, etc service.

the kids make $8/hr to work at, what is to them, a cool brand. i challenge you to find anyone over the age of 24 in the store besides MAYBE the store manager
As I said, the last time I was in the store, they were selling mini craps tables and mini pool tables, not clothes. It was a long time ago. I was in the mall with the intention of buying jeans, and they were advertising jeans, so I went in. I'm not the least bit ashamed to admit that I don't keep up with fashion. It's not really my thing. I do like the jeans I got there though, even though they may have been designed for someone much younger.

Old 03-24-2014, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Reminds me of the punch line of an old joke "The food there is terrible! And such small portions."
Old people always send stuff back. I never do. I worry about them spitting in it. It must be that "sneaky passive aggressive" part of me, projecting.
when the waitress brought a menu for him to choose something else, that's when he noticed the description of the scallops as "oversized" so that's when he decided to add the size to the complaint; it wasn't an initial issue.

its a 60% chance he is sending the food back for being "ice cold" so im very used to ignoring it.

I think sending stuff back often is some kind of psychological issue. I think it stems from some enjoyment of demeaning people who are obligated to take your crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey