Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 11:32 PM

9,006 posts, read 13,801,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelychell View Post
I thank you all the positive and negative insight about nj. However, people have many reason for relocating. I am not a native of Charlotte, NC. I move here in 2009 from nyc. Anywhere you move or live is NOT going to have 100% of what your looking for. Yes, I gave it a shot I work as a educator, however, the pay sucks, we get paid once a month, and for the person who questioned why leave charlotte, well, I am going to tell you. " THERE ARE NO JOBS HERE IN THE SOUTH" HEALTH COVERAGE SUCKS, people without degree are only making min. wage, and some have to work two/three min. wage jobs to pay their mortgage. Yes, we have beautiful weather, but trust and believe "EVERYTHING" else sucks.... Soo many folks are complaining about the job market and relocating where the jobs are PAYING WITH GREAT BENEFITS. there are NO Unions, this a at will state " Employers can get rid of you for no reason. SO,if anyone is moving back here to Charlotte, YOU better do your homework. JOB first. I understand the apartments are more in nj and nyc, however, here in NC state You must pay taxes on YOUR VEHICLE once a year. There is taxes on everything, candy gum e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. I like charlotte but the job market, and taxes are horrible. I'm not only looking for employment in the field of education but in social work as well. tanks again for your insight....

I moved down there and like you,i moved back. It took me only 9 months though to realize my mistake,
That is why i said Southern Nj might be a good fit.
Its the best of both worlds IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2014, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Very NASCAR-ish.
Certain parts are,and i avoided naming those counties.

Op,you might like Willingboro,Nj
Lots of people in Willingboro are from the south,so you get a taste of the south without the mess.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:21 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,803,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samanthayakobchuk View Post
I don't think it was that necessary. Yes, there would be culture shock, but it wasn't necessary for OP to mention she was from these parts in order to get information about the towns she asked for...
That piece of information would hopefully prevent the posts about why is she doing this and why some people moved to NC from NJ because NJ sucks and all that jazz. There are several posts of that genre at the beginning or didn't you notice?

Old 05-05-2014, 06:31 AM

400 posts, read 791,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ieee488 View Post
That piece of information would hopefully prevent the posts about why is she doing this and why some people moved to NC from NJ because NJ sucks and all that jazz. There are several posts of that genre at the beginning or didn't you notice?
Yes, I never understood why though...

Old 05-22-2014, 05:09 AM

2 posts, read 2,606 times
Please shut the hell up already. Tired of your negativity Dam already!!!! B****

Old 05-22-2014, 07:33 AM

What's going on?

Old 05-22-2014, 12:56 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,493,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Certain parts are,and i avoided naming those counties.

Op,you might like Willingboro,Nj
Lots of people in Willingboro are from the south,so you get a taste of the south without the mess.
Willingboro is a ghetto, not even close to Charlotte or the South

Old 05-22-2014, 01:13 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,172,508 times
Plainsboro is a wonderful area, but a bit on the expensive side. How about East Windsor. It has the laid back atmosphere you would find down south. Yet, it also portrays the charms NJ has to offer. School district is reasonable, and they are hiring people now. Jobs are available at every level. Please look into this as an option.

East Windsor Regional Schools

You can also find an affordable single family home for $ 350 K, and there is a lot in the area for Young children and elderly people alike. I have visited this place several times and have a feeling you will like this location a lot . You will find many others like yourself in East Windsor.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:13 PM

398 posts, read 744,207 times
Can I go with you??? Haha. I moved down to Charlotte from Boston for a job and I hate it here!!! It's just so different! Thank god my company has an office in NJ/NYC... I'm requesting to move up there soon as I finish with my project!!

Old 05-22-2014, 05:04 PM

131 posts, read 273,625 times
There are actually always social work positions available but you have to licensed by NJ and to do that you need a masters or bachelor's in social work. However, there are case management positions which are laughably even more low paying than social work positions. In that I laughed when the woman over the phone told me the salary (I inadvertently applied to a case manager position once).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey