Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 12:19 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,249,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlyers00 View Post
Atlantic Hyundai in West Islip

I will try contacting the GM of the dealership once more. If that fails again, I will contact the department of consumer affairs and the state attorney general's office.

The advertising fee was the only bs thing on there. Like I said it ended up being a net effect of 300 dollars and still was a good deal so I didn't refute this too much. Obviously if I knew everything else was going to happen I would of stood my ground much better with it. I was too nice.

I know I should of walked out. Believe me I've learned from this.
Contact Hyundai corporate and let them know that based on this experience, you will no longer consider Hyundai vehicles for yourself and your immediate family, on top of that that you will recommend to your friends and extended family to not shop for Hyundai. This helps much more so if you have owned or leased multiple Hyundai yourself or your family.

Corporate should take you more seriously and reach out to dealership.

I got screwed from from Acura dealership in Long Island and they tried to f--k me over for an accident that happened on their lot while my vehicle was in their possession for repair. After trying to be reasonable with dealership and GM of dealership, I reached out to Acura corporate, listed off vin numbers of 3 Honda/Acura vehicles my family owned (2 from my parents, 1 for me), and shared my story with Acura saying this is such f--king b-llsh-t experience, we won't consider your brand of vehicle if you have dealers like this representing your products.

Several days later, maybe 2-3 weeks max, I got a call from GM apologizing and saying they'll take care of the issue, etc. etc.

Good luck!

Your story is one of many why we need to allow alternative model of B2C and have dealership model compete against it. For example B2C like Tesla...too bad corrupt NJ govt won't allow that...thanks to dealership's lobbying and $$$. Good thing is this is gaining more traction slowly as Cadillac is trying something similar in test regions with luxury concept.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2017, 01:51 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,827,755 times
You pay sales tax to the state where you register the car. I am surprised dealership didn't know this, or did you get scammed?

I can't image paying $5k sales tax on a $30k car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: