Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:02 PM

414 posts, read 931,121 times

Advertisements

Sounds like your boss wanted his subordinates to be robots and not question authority.

Very odd work situation IMO...what type of job / company is this anyway?? His office was next to yours and he e-mailed you all of the time? Bizarre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,767,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy1234 View Post
My boss never established any rule, policies or regulations regarding usage of your time, nor when to notify.
We have a certain amount of time to use and we can use at any time.
Any absence have been medically excuse and I've worked from home. I've never been reprimanded , warned or any problems, that's why his decision to fire me was a shocker.
But I do want to make clear, so there's a better understanding of the situation, my boss does not communicate with his staff, his only method of communication is only via email, even though his office was next to mine any communication was email, I did not think that was an effective or efficient way to do so, on several occasion I expressed that the office needed meetings and also needed better communication , I also suggested that we needed an office manager and to create rules, policy ect...

He really avoided any conversation , it was like this will all employees, I happened to express my concerns of his non working method.

It's seems he did not like me expressing myself, employers expect for you to accept everything and not speak up when something that's affecting is wrong.

So yes, I was not on his good side.
Its general etiquette not to call out for a personal day on the morning you aren't going to show up.

That said, I imagine you will get unemployment and considering how odd your whole work scenario sounds, moving on is probably a good move regardless.

Old 04-04-2014, 08:33 AM

988 posts, read 1,740,268 times
Quote:
My boss never established any rule, policies or regulations regarding usage of your time, nor when to notify.
We have a certain amount of time to use and we can use at any time.
Any absence have been medically excuse and I've worked from home. I've never been reprimanded , warned or any problems, that's why his decision to fire me was a shocker.
But I do want to make clear, so there's a better understanding of the situation, my boss does not communicate with his staff, his only method of communication is only via email, even though his office was next to mine any communication was email, I did not think that was an effective or efficient way to do so, on several occasion I expressed that the office needed meetings and also needed better communication , I also suggested that we needed an office manager and to create rules, policy ect...

He really avoided any conversation , it was like this will all employees, I happened to express my concerns of his non working method.

It's seems he did not like me expressing myself, employers expect for you to accept everything and not speak up when something that's affecting is wrong.

Well, that clears stuff up; don't stress out about your unemployment, you'll get it.
Hopefully you can get a new job in a better situation soon!

Old 04-04-2014, 10:54 AM

1,163 posts, read 1,808,114 times
Quote:

None of this has anything to do with calling in 1.5 hours before you are suppose to show up for work.
So, he's a poor manager. There are PLENTY of them out there. Get used to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey