Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2014, 02:44 PM

61 posts, read 135,228 times

Advertisements

Hello! Does anyone have any inside info regarding the types of programs offered in the Manahawkin area? We found a place there but have 3 boys with autism and we are debating between Manahawkin and Brick. If anyone has any info I would really appreciate it! If you have other suggestions they are welcome! Boys are middle school aged. Looking for ABA/VB and a less restrictive setting for one of the boys. Thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2015, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 787 times
Default Autisum in Manahawkin

My grandson is in early intervention, he's 3 yrs old. April 18 there's walk and fair at Southern Regional High School. We're new at this he was only diagnosed last year but my daughter has to stay on them to get updates. They really should have a group support meeting of parents, when your child enters the school if they could just give out some information with other parents consent of course so they could get together and talk.
My sons went to Southerns schools and I loved the school but I see there's no support for special ed.
Things might be changing though if you want to come on Saturday our team is Walk for George, we heard there's a Dad putting together another fundraiser, but I don't understand why the school dosen't get more involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: