Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 05:46 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
While I am a supporter of Christie I doubt he'll sign off on this.
Holy smokes! You mean Mr. Reformer who gave Wildstein a $150k spying job at the Port Authority is just...another...typical...NJ pol?? I hope his real constituents in Iowa and Alabama don't find out about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2014, 05:52 AM

Funny how he attacks teachers constantly (mostly females) who make $65k but is mum about cops who make almost double that.

Old 04-23-2014, 06:27 AM

13,401 posts, read 28,714,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1944 View Post
I am not sure that law can or should effect people retroactively. I think it is a good idea and should go into effect for people not yet retired.

People already retired did so under certain rules and have made decisions based on those rules,
I agree with you!

Old 04-23-2014, 07:26 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,395,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
why shouldn't someone receive a pension if they earned it? why does it matter if they are working for the government? yes, its abused but I don't see why we should steal from someone just because they are a public employee. it would be simpler if it were a 401k style pension, then who cares what they pension they take out? they should fix the actual problems not come up with silly ways to treat symptoms to ensure that some people still get to abuse the system.
I'll never understand this. If someone has earned a pension, why should they be barred from a second job? This is actually a recruiting tool for the federal armed services. people know if they go in for x amount of years, they'll earn their pension and then can go work in the private sector for a decent salary too. or even work in the public sector. why should it matter? If you don't like the requirements around how to earn the pension, change those requirements.

Captain and I agree again. What's happening?!

Old 04-23-2014, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
I'll never understand this. If someone has earned a pension, why should they be barred from a second job? This is actually a recruiting tool for the federal armed services. people know if they go in for x amount of years, they'll earn their pension and then can go work in the private sector for a decent salary too. or even work in the public sector. why should it matter? If you don't like the requirements around how to earn the pension, change those requirements.

I think this may be the reason everyone's got their knickers twisted...

No names mentioned so I can't look up the pension amount

Port Authority hires retired 'double-dipping' N.J. police officers, report says | NJ.com

Old 04-23-2014, 07:44 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Because even though I'm a supporter of him, he does have political connected friends who are double dipping.
JC and the dems fixed double dipping. Don't you recall?

Big deal, all the little dems got in on the act to show their faces but oops! there were so many exceptions and grandfather clauses...but no matter..the NJ residents ate it up.

So what is to fix since JC and the dems already took care of it?

http://cmdmedia.wordpress.com/2008/0...s-despite-ban/

Last edited by Kracer; 04-23-2014 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: edit

Old 04-23-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
I think this may be the reason everyone's got their knickers twisted...

No names mentioned so I can't look up the pension amount

Port Authority hires retired 'double-dipping' N.J. police officers, report says | NJ.com
#1 - the old farts should go fishing in FL on their pensions and give the 20-somethings a crack at good-paying jobs. You did your time, thanks, time for some new blood.

#2 - Christie supposedly cleaned out the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission. But he just installed his crew and some more retired, double-dipping cops.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick;34487016[B
]#1 - the old farts should go fishing in FL on their pensions and give the 20-somethings a crack at good-paying jobs. You did your time, thanks, time for some new blood.

[/b]#2 - Christie supposedly cleaned out the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission. But he just installed his crew and some more retired, double-dipping cops.
I kind of agree with that..make room for the young ones trying to break in.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:37 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post

you will find we will agree more as you read more of my posts and your thinking changes over to my thinking. im not trying to screw the public worker, i just want the pay to be consistent between the public & private sector. you can bet that whatever bill is proposed by politicians, will still leave room for abuse. however, if you are talking about a 401k type plan or a max payout limit on a defined benefit plan, then you dont have to worry about double dipping abuse. you know what everyone's pension will cost and you know that you will pay it out.

Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 AM

1,931 posts, read 3,412,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
#1 - the old farts should go fishing in FL on their pensions and give the 20-somethings a crack at good-paying jobs. You did your time, thanks, time for some new blood.

#2 - Christie supposedly cleaned out the Passaic Valley Sewerage Commission. But he just installed his crew and some more retired, double-dipping cops.
Ding ding ding. We have a winner!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: