Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 10:32 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,256,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by staygully View Post
Liberal this, liberal that. I work, and Im not that liberal, more like centrist. I dont care for liberal politics that much, but just cant stand backwards ass conservatives that dominate the republican party lately, even though I have some conservative values. Think about it, why does the republican party attract so many racists and backwards ass people? It's all related.
No one said liberals don't work.

Condi is old news, not recent.

Think about this: why does the liberal party attract so many "don't wanna's" who thought Obama was going to pay for their gas? Who also think "white people are evil"?

Talk about being ass backwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2014, 10:41 PM

124 posts, read 149,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
No one said liberals don't work.

Condi is old news, not recent.

Think about this: why does the liberal party attract so many "don't wanna's" who thought Obama was going to pay for their gas? Who also think "white people are evil"?

Talk about being ass backwards.
They do, that's another extreme. Overall though, if you look at mainstream Dems and mainstream Repubs, Repubs are much more extreme and to the right these days than Dems are to the left. When you hear something crazy like "black people are better off as slaves" or "legitimate rape", you know whose party those people are affiliated with. That's why they keep losing elections. If they werent so fd up, some of their ideas could actually work and be popular like less spending, tough on crime, lower taxes and what not. They are kinda elitist though and wanna lower taxes for the rich only so that's another problem of course.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:07 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staygully View Post
Only white people that never knew racism would try to claim that it's unimportant.
It's unimportant existentially, regardless of viewpoint or emotion. When humans waste time identifying themselves by culture, any culture, they doom themselves to emotionalism and wasting valuable time and energy. You are not your culture. You are not your race. You are not of any value because others of your race have been of value. You are not without value because others in your race have been without value.

So what the heck are you? You are what you've accomplished and done all by your lonesome. Standing alone in the universe on your own two feet. Other than that? You're worthless.

Too many people attempt to bask in reflected glory and imputed value. One has no value because others who reflect light similarly have done stuff. YOU ARE WORTH WHAT YOU DO! Concomitantly, you are worth nothing if you do nothing. It's all on the individual, not the collective.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:10 PM

124 posts, read 149,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
It's unimportant existentially, regardless of viewpoint or emotion. When humans waste time identifying themselves by culture, any culture, they doom themselves to emotionalism and wasting valuable time and energy. You are not your culture. You are not your race. You are not of any value because others of your race have been of value. You are not without value because others in your race have been without value.

So what the heck are you? You are what you've accomplished and done all by your lonesome. Standing alone in the universe on your own two feet. Other than that? You're worthless.

Too many people attempt to bask in reflected glory and imputed value. You have no value because of others who reflect light similarly have done stuff. YOU ARE WORTH WHAT YOU DO!
Right, but try explaining that to everybody. In theory you are almost right, because there are still distinct, cultural differences between people of different backgrounds, but does it happen like this in life? No, you are always judged on everything, esp race.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:07 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Way to make national news once again RU!

I thought Condi backed out of it with class.

Graduation is is a time to celebrate and not be distracted by the (few or many) liberals clowns who want everyone's voice to be heard, unless they disagree with that person's politics. And who will most likely find some way to disrupt the ceremony for EVERYONE.

Someone had a point, and I'm paraphrasing here:

"Such phony outrage from a bunch of children who were barely out of diapers during the Bush years".
Exaclty. As someone not far from their age, let me tell you this: they think they know. They think they know a lot, but they don't. They still have so much to learn, so much growing up to do, and so much experience needed in the real world. Most of them will change. The bleeding heart tendencies goes away with age and life experience in many cases. They're still at that point where they actually think they can change the world, make a difference, that type of typical college-age thinking. Makes me roll my eyes, I really can't stand it.

Old 05-04-2014, 04:21 AM

550 posts, read 965,729 times
"I am honored to have served my country. I have defended America's belief in free speech and the exchange of ideas. These values are essential to the health of our democracy. But that is not what is at issue here. As a Professor for thirty years at Stanford University and as it's former Provost and Chief academic officer, I understand and embrace the purpose of the commencement ceremony and I am simply unwilling to detract from it in any way."

I read this as her attempt to astutely give a big "eff-you" to Rutgers. Here's my interpretation: "I have my association with and allegiance to Stanford, and that's plenty for me."

Her misuse of "it's", not so astute.

Last edited by stradivarius; 05-04-2014 at 05:35 AM.. Reason: added word

Old 05-04-2014, 04:47 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Default Mugrat edition

What was interesting was the Targum played it like the mainstream news media, a propaganda machine, to further political advantage by embellishing numbers of the protesters.
RU has now associated itself with the prosecutorial vortex that results from weaponized social justice used to further political agendas. Another insttution has caved despite their insistence that the invitation was still open.

Imagine a person on a gluten free diet protesting Wegnmans sale of non gluten free products and Wegmans clears the shelves to accomodate the 'protester".

The opponents of CR are diagnostic of agenda driven minions of limited thought and distorted reality who have no place in a center of learning except as an exhibit.

Ru has trouble with the RICE doesn't it?

Rice the coach
Rice the girl beater
Rice the Sec of State

Old 05-04-2014, 05:37 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
You are right Retriever. I am taking back all I said. I go crazy at times, and this is one of those situations. I am really sorry for harassing you, and other posters on this thread with my radical talk . I honestly apologize, and this will never happen again. It felt like I was being controlled by some devil, as I didn't look or feel normal while typing my earlier comments. I have booked a doctors appointment for therapy . I don't understand what is going on with me right now, but I have been feeling so distressed for the past week . My headache is terrible right now, and heart pains on reading what I wrote earlier.

Overall, I feel completely messed up, WHY !!!!!!.
OK great, but you still have a little work to do on the drama queen issue.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:27 AM

19,125 posts, read 25,323,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
You are right Retriever. I am taking back all I said. I go crazy at times, and this is one of those situations. I am really sorry for harassing you, and other posters on this thread with my radical talk . I honestly apologize, and this will never happen again. It felt like I was being controlled by some devil, as I didn't look or feel normal while typing my earlier comments. I have booked a doctors appointment for therapy . I don't understand what is going on with me right now, but I have been feeling so distressed for the past week . My headache is terrible right now, and heart pains on reading what I wrote earlier.

Overall, I feel completely messed up, WHY !!!!!!.
I don't feel harassed in the slightest!

If you honestly believe that you were harassing people, then that may be another indication of your problems with perception at this point. Just as your perception of the job-related "fallout" of this campus-based issue was totally off-base and unrealistic, your perception of what constitutes harassment is not reality-based.

Some people react to events, and others seem to consistently overreact to them. I can tell you from experience that people who know how to "roll with the punches", to assess the actual impact of events on their lives, and to calmly go about their daily business without flying into a panic are the ones who are successful in life, as compared to those who over-dramatize and personalize everything.

If this is the way that you react to an issue that almost surely will have no impact on your life, I would hate to see your reaction to a situation that does have the potential to impact your life. I do think that a physical exam and medical consultation might be in order for you at this point, and I wish you all the best with both your health and your job prospects.

Old 05-04-2014, 06:30 AM

414 posts, read 930,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
If this incident had not taken place, you would have remained in The US?
Really?
A situation related to the commencement ceremony will cause you to leave The US?
Why do I have a hard time believing your statement?

I think she (I believe from past posts I've got the gender right) is being facetious. At least I hope so. If not, best of luck "restarting your life" in a new country.

Hopefully, you were leaning in this direction anyway and not considering this option solely because of this Condi Rice madness.

So what's the back-up plan for a commencement speaker @ Rutgers? Chris Christie? The Mayor of New Brunswick? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey