Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 09:12 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,350,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Way to make national news once again RU!

I thought Condi backed out of it with class.

Graduation is is a time to celebrate and not be distracted by the (few or many) liberals clowns who want everyone's voice to be heard, unless they disagree with that person's politics. And who will most likely find some way to disrupt the ceremony for EVERYONE.

Someone had a point, and I'm paraphrasing here:

"Such phony outrage from a bunch of children who were barely out of diapers during the Bush years".
so the faculty at Rutgers were barely out of diapers? And that old line about "everyone be heard unless they disagree" is a bunch of B.S. get a new talking point. Lots of people were opposed to the Iraq war including Conservative Darling Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2014, 09:19 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,350,868 times
Quote:
Grow up, sunshine!

That didn't happen. RU didn't "turn down" Condi.

Condi actually has class and knows what stupid liberal 20-somethings will do to ruin a long awaited graduation ceremony for the rest. No consideration will they have, at all.

And the morons who spoke out, protested and stormed Old Queens have a lot to learn. They aren't always going to have liberal professors (with TENURE...not one without didn't protest along) stroking their egos and protesting along with them. They'll be on their own, and when they get a job and remove their heads out of their asses and see what they "earned" vs. what they "keep" and where the difference goes ...that's when they start shedding the skin of liberalism.

RU didn't let the vocal minority have a say in how things are "gon" work. Condi backed out on her own, and gracefully. Who needs a bunch of clowns disturbing a great day for THE FEW who aren't political arse-hats? What it speaks to is the INTOLERANCE the vocal liberal minority exudes at RU. Nice bunch of hypocrites.

Race traitor?

What does that mean? Is there some "race code"?

So what are black democrats?

Race patriots?
I'm sorry but Condi backs out because 50 people protested at a school the size of Rutgers? C'mon.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:20 AM

16,433 posts, read 22,133,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maast View Post
She can go to hell honestly.
Shows who has the class.

Old 05-05-2014, 10:17 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staygully View Post
I gotta say tho, RU would be better off letting a smart race traitor speak rather than a dumb nobody (Snooki)
ooookay

Old 05-05-2014, 10:26 AM

800 posts, read 1,290,884 times
i would have rather had her speak at my commencement at RU than the speaker i ended up with. the previous years winner of "the apprentice". still dont know who he was

Old 05-05-2014, 11:17 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,056,854 times
Lots of war-mongering/draft dodging heroes of the Fox News set still available. Cheney, Wolfowitz, Bill Kristol. Maybe they can explain why we have hundreds of billions for a made-up war but hardly any money for higher education.

Old 05-05-2014, 12:54 PM

934 posts, read 1,054,550 times
Quote:
"Such phony outrage from a bunch of children who were barely out of diapers during the Bush years".
I wasn't going to comment on this as I don't really have a strong opinion about what happened at Rutgers, but this is just an idiotic statement that reeks of the inability to do basic math. I understand that it is not your statement and you're quoting someone else, but I would just like to clarify that it's pretty inaccurate.

I just graduated college last year. Barely out of diapers during the Bush years? I remember his entire presidency, the bulk of which was while I was in high school (his entire second term). I remember the Bush/Gore election and the hanging chads and waiting by the TV with Florida still too close to call. I remember 9/11 vividly (you could see the smoke from the roof of my school). I was 11 years old. I remember having debates and mock elections during the Bush/Kerry election and I remember watching election coverage in school with my classmates.

Sure, I wasn't old enough to vote for or against Bush, but I was definitely old enough to have an opinion. By the end of the Bush presidency, I was almost of voting age (2008 was the first election I voted in). So to say that these college students don't understand enough of her politics to have an opinion about this because they aren't old enough is just bogus, whether you agree with their opinion or not.

All of that aside, even if someone was "just out of diapers," does that somehow invalidate their opinion? I'm sure pretty much everyone here has an opinion on many historical events, such as the Holocaust, the Vietnam War, the civil rights movement, etc. But, not everyone here was alive when all of those things happened. However, that doesn't mean that they aren't allowed to have an opinion about them. As long as you are well read on a subject, you are perfectly capable of having an informed opinion. If these college students understand and know Rice's politics and her past actions and they don't want her to speak on their campus, that is perfectly valid whether you agree or not. How old they were when she was in office does not invalidate their opinion if it is informed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Exaclty. As someone not far from their age, let me tell you this: they think they know. They think they know a lot, but they don't. They still have so much to learn, so much growing up to do, and so much experience needed in the real world. Most of them will change. The bleeding heart tendencies goes away with age and life experience in many cases. They're still at that point where they actually think they can change the world, make a difference, that type of typical college-age thinking. Makes me roll my eyes, I really can't stand it.
Also as someone "not far from their age," your comment makes me incredibly sad. My beliefs and my values are not some phase I'm going to grow out of. Give me a break. I work and earn money now and my political views have changed very little from when I was in college and didn't have a job. And you know what? As a scientist doing groundbreaking work and surrounded by others doing groundbreaking work I don't just think I'm going to change the world, I know I will. I shudder to think where the world would be if it was full of people like you. People that have hope for the future and want to do awesome things make you roll your eyes? How incredibly pathetic and defeatist. Do puppies and anything fun make you roll your eyes too? What a Debbie Downer. SNL has a skit for that.

I really couldn't care less whether Condi speaks at Rutgers, but the pervasive bull**** on this board putting down college students for having an opinion and condescending attitude is really repulsive. It's their commencement and if they have an opinion about who speaks there, good for them. Who cares if it's the same as yours or not? No skin off your nose. Geez.

Last edited by designer_genes; 05-05-2014 at 01:11 PM..

Old 05-05-2014, 01:13 PM

14,173 posts, read 22,630,239 times
Well, it looks like the leftists are getting what they want: silence from those who they don't agree with.

Old 05-05-2014, 03:59 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,056,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Well, it looks like the leftists are getting what they want: silence from those who they don't agree with.
You flew in from GA with that little nugget of nothing, huh? I would've given you more props for blindly posting "SUPPORT OUR TROOPS" or "AMERICA - LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!"

Old 05-05-2014, 05:36 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,618,185 times
Tom Kean Sr will replace her
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey