Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 10:02 AM

29 posts, read 47,318 times

Advertisements

We are looking to buy a house that is in close proximity to the Matawan train station as my husband works downtown NYC and has finally got a parking spot at the train station! We have a 19 month old son so we are looking for a close knit, nice community with decent schools and affordable housing. Our budget is low to mid 300's. We are right now in Freehold in a town home and would like to be more north closer to the train as it adds at least 25 minutes to my husband's commute. We love old charming houses and neighborhood with grown in character. We would love a community that has events running all year such as: festivals, fundraisers, holiday events etc. We would consider Matawan/Aberdeen as well but are a little spooked with some things that we have heard about the downtown area and the declining schools. Not sure if this is all true however.

thanks for the input!! I myself do not know the area well as I am a transplant from Long Island.

Where are you coming from? Currently in a small Townhouse in Freehold, NJ
Why are you moving? Want to buy a house to grow into that is affordable and close to train station
Where will you be working ? If NYC, what part of NYC? Wall street area of NYC

Will you buy or rent? Buy
What is your budget ? low to mid 300's
What kind of place are you looking for ? a town that has a sense of community, safe and decent schools. Close to train station for commute.

Will anyone (spouse, children, pets) be moving with you ? Spouse and young child
Do you need/want good public schools? yes

Briefly describe the kind of neighborhood you'd like to live in . sense of community with things going on in the community to attend with the family, nice neighbors, convenient shopping. Safe, low crime, walkable to amenities.
(examples: families with young children, young, mature, artsy, diverse, safe, close-knit, block parties, etc)

List three things that are important to you in order of importance.(examples: nightlife, outdoor activities, rural/urban, safety, downtown area, charming, new construction, proximity to XYZ, family oriented, easy parking, short commute, etc) safe, proximity to train, family orientated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey