U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-29-2014, 01:14 PM
 
227 posts, read 260,332 times
Reputation: 92

Advertisements

Hey,
My daughter turns 2 in July and i was planning to do saturday afternoon party in a park. There will be a lot of kids between the age of 1 and 7 , so thought of getting in a magician or balloon artist or just anything thats fun for kids that age.

Suggestions from your experiences which activity works the best. And oh, it will be great if there are any references as well. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-29-2014, 05:50 PM
 
1,174 posts, read 1,433,350 times
Reputation: 498

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGIXsCBaWEc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2014, 06:02 PM
 
2,934 posts, read 4,687,571 times
Reputation: 2815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagreen10 View Post
Hey,
My daughter turns 2 in July and i was planning to do saturday afternoon party in a park. There will be a lot of kids between the age of 1 and 7 , so thought of getting in a magician or balloon artist or just anything thats fun for kids that age.

Suggestions from your experiences which activity works the best. And oh, it will be great if there are any references as well. Thanks!

The age range of the kids will make it a bit tough.

I suggest that a magician would be wasted on 1, 2, 3 year olds. No way they can sit still & watch a performance.

1 to 3 years olds at a party are going to be overwhelmed anyway. If you have someone making animal balloons than every time one pops all the 1 to 3 year olds will be crying.

5 - 7 year olds would like a magician, or animal balloons.

I guess you might have some entertainment for the 5 - 7 year olds, but don't expect the under 4 crowd to know what's it's all about, or even stay still, or not cry.

Maybe organize games for the older kids, i.e. rump rope, or little races, or an "easter egg" kind of hunt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2014, 07:29 PM
 
Location: Southern NJ - USA
414 posts, read 733,273 times
Reputation: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by daliowa View Post
The age range of the kids will make it a bit tough.

I suggest that a magician would be wasted on 1, 2, 3 year olds. No way they can sit still & watch a performance.

1 to 3 years olds at a party are going to be overwhelmed anyway. If you have someone making animal balloons than every time one pops all the 1 to 3 year olds will be crying.

5 - 7 year olds would like a magician, or animal balloons.

I guess you might have some entertainment for the 5 - 7 year olds, but don't expect the under 4 crowd to know what's it's all about, or even stay still, or not cry.

Maybe organize games for the older kids, i.e. rump rope, or little races, or an "easter egg" kind of hunt.

Umm...err...that kinda game might get out of hand, especially with older kids! LOL! Just kidding!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-29-2014, 08:33 PM
 
2,934 posts, read 4,687,571 times
Reputation: 2815
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Winter Soldier View Post
Umm...err...that kinda game might get out of hand, especially with older kids! LOL! Just kidding!

Jump rope - sorry for the typo !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2014, 06:56 AM
 
498 posts, read 332,693 times
Reputation: 565
What about a DJ? Little kids love to dance (and run around) and the DJ can have them play some games like musical chairs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2014, 06:55 PM
 
2,934 posts, read 4,687,571 times
Reputation: 2815
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjinnj View Post
What about a DJ? Little kids love to dance (and run around) and the DJ can have them play some games like musical chairs.

Agree, great idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2014, 03:22 PM
 
42 posts, read 69,234 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagreen10 View Post
Hey,
My daughter turns 2 in July and i was planning to do saturday afternoon party in a park. There will be a lot of kids between the age of 1 and 7 , so thought of getting in a magician or balloon artist or just anything thats fun for kids that age.

Suggestions from your experiences which activity works the best. And oh, it will be great if there are any references as well. Thanks!


My wife and I used this guy Mark Dolson a few years ago. He was great we booked him for i think 3 hours to do his magic show, Balloon Animal and face painting . He actually stayed i think an extra 1 and a half no charge so all the kids could get thier face painted and balloon animals.

My daughter loved it. She was 7 at the time. He was great with the kids and very patient. and considering it was a really hot and humid July afternoon in our backyard he was great.

take a look at his website Wings of Magic- Magic & Puppets New Jersey New York Parties Events


good luck on your search
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-13-2014, 06:40 PM
 
262 posts, read 502,012 times
Reputation: 110
At that young age, a few bubble machines and some simple water play will do the trick! At my toddler's birthday party we did hire a magician for older kids but for the little ones we just brought some toys like blocks and set up a small play area. My 2yo was quite happy.
John Carlson, johnsmagic.com - he did a good job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top