Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 01:12 PM

9 posts, read 10,109 times

Advertisements

My husband and I along with our newborn will be moving from South Florida back to NJ. We are looking for good suburbs in central and northern NJ to rent a 2 br at first then buy a home ( generally 500K range). Hoping for an area that has a nice downtown and home feeling and safe neighborhood. Does anyone have any top suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2014, 01:45 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,689,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess14kt View Post
My husband and I along with our newborn will be moving from South Florida back to NJ. We are looking for good suburbs in central and northern NJ to rent a 2 br at first then buy a home ( generally 500K range). Hoping for an area that has a nice downtown and home feeling and safe neighborhood. Does anyone have any top suggestions?
Hi Jess, there is a questionnaire to fill out to help with this. Unfortunately just posting "central or northern Jersey" doesn't help a lot because the area is so big and we don't know where you'll be working.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:58 PM

400 posts, read 793,138 times
Off the top of my head, I feel like Cranford hits the points on your list. Of course, there are other things you have to consider -- the size of the house that you want, commute to work, etc.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:12 PM

9 posts, read 10,109 times
I will be working from home with my company so commute doesnt matter to me. My husband has no problem commuting 50 plus minutes for work. Just trying to get a feel for the best suburbs with a downtown and things to do and offerings for families. Currently on my list is ( Summit, cranford, madison, berkely heights, millburn, manalapan, bridgewater) The list keeps going on...will have to rent a 2 bedroom at first then looking to purchase a year later once confirm which town is the best) - taxes, schools, commute etc.

Old 06-17-2014, 02:57 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,975,563 times
Quote:
I will be working from home with my company so commute doesnt matter to me. My husband has no problem commuting 50 plus minutes for work. Just trying to get a feel for the best suburbs with a downtown and things to do and offerings for families. Currently on my list is ( Summit, cranford, madison, berkely heights, millburn, manalapan, bridgewater) The list keeps going on...will have to rent a 2 bedroom at first then looking to purchase a year later once confirm which town is the best) - taxes, schools, commute etc.
.... to where?

Old 06-17-2014, 02:59 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
50 plus minutes isn't a lot for a commuter in this area. that is more limiting than you seem to think.

Old 06-17-2014, 03:46 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,185,346 times
I would love a 50 min commute. Life would be so easy!

Old 06-17-2014, 04:41 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
I would love a 50 min commute. Life would be so easy!
I can only dream.

Old 06-17-2014, 07:56 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
yeah, its pretty sad but a 50 commute would be super sweet.

Old 06-17-2014, 09:10 PM

400 posts, read 793,138 times
Quote:
Although there is technically an inventory in Millburn in your price range, you will not be getting too much for your money. Madison, BH, and Summit are a little better, but still not the best for finding a home in your price range. I can't say too much about Manalapan, but, when it comes it getting more house for your money, Bridgewater and Cranford are good in your list. Just my two cents about that, in case you didn't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey