Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 08:43 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times

Advertisements

I think in NY it used to be illegal to pay parking tickets,,,,you were considered aiding and abetting a crime if you paid a NY ticket. The only way they finally got me to pay some of them was to steal my car and make me pay a ransom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2014, 09:36 AM

252 posts, read 607,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
I think in NY it used to be illegal to pay parking tickets,,,,you were considered aiding and abetting a crime if you paid a NY ticket. The only way they finally got me to pay some of them was to steal my car and make me pay a ransom
Sucks to be you then....

Old 06-24-2014, 09:41 AM

You would think some of you were the ones who I owe the money to. Theres a mistake on it thereforecannot be traced to my vehicle, even called and the person on the phone said I was right. Therefore, there will be no warrant,suspension,etc because its not linked to my vehicle. The right thing to do is pay it. In my eyes the right thing to do is say hey this officer made a mistake, too bad for them they didnt have a better officer to double check what the hell hes putting on a ticket.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:54 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times
So I guess you just wanted people to agree with what you seem to have already decided to do? Just trying to justify to yourself?

Old 06-24-2014, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
So I guess you just wanted people to agree with what you seem to have already decided to do? Just trying to justify to yourself?
Nope when I wrote the question I wanted to know NJ parking ticket policies because I couldnt find it online.
Who cares if anyone agrees with me Iam just surprised people act like I owe them the money lol. I do thank the person who put in the link so I could get my answer. nJ policies are different then ny. But no im not mad no one agrees with me it does show they are more honest then I am because they would pay it

Old 06-24-2014, 10:58 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,578,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meli722 View Post
You would think some of you were the ones who I owe the money to. Theres a mistake on it thereforecannot be traced to my vehicle, even called and the person on the phone said I was right. Therefore, there will be no warrant,suspension,etc because its not linked to my vehicle. The right thing to do is pay it. In my eyes the right thing to do is say hey this officer made a mistake, too bad for them they didnt have a better officer to double check what the hell hes putting on a ticket.
You have my vote,,,go for it!
Besides you have diplomatic immunity,,, you're from that furrin country NY, similar to when I go to NY I have diplomatic immunity

Old 06-24-2014, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
You have my vote,,,go for it!
Besides you have diplomatic immunity,,, you're from that furrin country NY, similar to when I go to NY I have diplomatic immunity
I know dont you just love NY. Be careful though they might steal your car out here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey