Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 09:26 PM

1,202 posts, read 3,028,529 times

Advertisements

Ha, she thinks she's special. That's cute.

I try to imagine that bringing this up to any boss and their response... "Oh that's neat. Have fun with some ARE YOUR DRUNK? NOPE."

When we moved from Bogota to East Rutherford, my commute to Edgewater went from 12 minutes to 30 minutes, and now MORRREEEEEE since construction has begun at the 46 circle and bridge in Little Ferry.

Should I demand $30,000 more a year and working 20 less hours a week? It seems I am entitled to this cause gosh darnit making that left onto Railroad Ave in Ridgefield Park just gives me a daily "shucksy doodle!" and I'm worried about my health or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2014, 05:20 AM

607 posts, read 957,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Yup!
The attorney in question is John Ingelsino, with whom our esteemed governor has had a bromance for many years. When CC was US Attorney for NJ, he gave one of his MANY no-bid contracts to Ingelsino's law firm. The payback came when Ingelsino did fundraising for CC's campaign.

This site below has more details, but be sure that you view the video embedded in that site, in which CC denies that Ingelsino is one of his fund raisers. It's a good thing that he didn't tell that lie in a courtroom, where he could be prosecuted for perjury.

If you want to question Ingelsino's integrity, just remember...Birds of a feather flock together...

John Inglesino: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | HEAVY

Actually, Ingelsino was the father of Rachel's friend; he was not the lawyer. The lawyer, Tanya Helfand, was a friend/associate of his, whose career is no doubt now on a downward curve based on her performance

Old 06-27-2014, 07:33 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
In Rachel's case, it was her friend's father who was putting her up, wasn't it?
It was a joke.

Old 06-30-2014, 04:46 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
...as exemplified by US Attorney Chris Christie's over-the-top record of no-bid contracts for "friendly" law firms, with resulting Quid pro quo for his election campaigns.

Yup!
With unethical attorneys, almost anything is possible...

So was AG CC charged with a crime and convicted?
Did he lose his license to practice law?
No bids can be good or they can be unethical or they can be illegal. So somehow CC went from AG to Governor with the media and electorate aware of his actions as AG.

Who was the D senator who claimed CC was guilty of a crime re Sandy, because he did not choose the lowest bidder? Who was that D senator who tried to imply it is a criminal or an ethical violation to not choose the contractor with the lowest bid? So the implication is all you neeed to do when taking bids from a contractor to redo your kitchen is go for the lowest bidder. forget Angie's List, who needs it.
that dem is assured of re-election.

Who is the Dem senator still under investigation who has a record of being investigated and still gets re-elected?

Got news for you Quid pro qou is how business and politics work. So Rush Holt wants to get legislation passed and he needs Pallone's vote. Pallone may not be all for Holt's idea but has a bill of his own that needs votes, so he signs on to support Holt.

QPQ is the stuff of politics. It is not unethical or criminal unless it violates the law.

Guess who made out lile a bandit on the reconstruction of the Victory Bridge? Could it have been the hubby of a gov?

Read Stephanie Stevens book on how Round Valley Res came to be.

Old 06-30-2014, 06:40 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,057,027 times
It's sad this woman was actually able to take leave on disability due to her 'commute anxiety.' Before I moved my commute was terrible. You know what I did? I left earlier, and worked it out with my manager so that I could leave a little before 4pm so that I could get home within a reasonable hour (while coming in earlier in the morning). The commute still sucked but hey...that's life. Leave earlier, or move somewhere closer to work.

In a month I'll get a claim for her car accident with 'whiplash'....

Old 06-30-2014, 10:05 PM

2,210 posts, read 7,024,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Interesting, as an employeer cannot ask a prospective employee how far they live from work.
It is left to the person to decide if the commute is reasonable for them.
It is not permitted for the interviewer to decide on hiring a person based on distance they live from work.
Of course they can. In fact a lot of sales jobs require people to live in a specific territory. The only things that are prohibited from affecting a hiring decision (supposedly) are being part of protected classes such as the disabled.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey