Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 03:34 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,661,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
IDK if an out-of-state resident can do the same.
This covers it along with the Federal statute.

New Jersey State Police - Transporting a Firearm Into / Through the State of New Jersey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 03:42 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,240,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
Great link!
However, reading IIB, it's still unclear to me, whether someone whose journey is ending in NJ, can legally bring a weapon into the state, for the purpose of keeping it in a temporary residence, as the OP proposes.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:11 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,982,632 times
I don't know why you would need a gun. I'm not anti-gun by any means but is there a reason you want to carry it on you at your beach house at the Jersey Shore?

I guess I'm just not used to gun culture.

It's funny, I'm in Texas right now and there are signs all over the resort I'm at saying "concealed carry not permitted at this establishment." I have never seen a sign even mentioning gun ownership at any NJ establishment so it was a bit odd, and amusing.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:51 PM

19,122 posts, read 25,320,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I have never seen a sign even mentioning gun ownership at any NJ establishment so it was a bit odd, and amusing.
It's funny that you mentioned that, as I observed a "No firearms allowed" sign last week at the Lab Corp collection center in Hillsborough, NJ. I would never have imagined that anyone would feel the need to carry a gun into a blood test lab in the NJ suburbs, but I guess that Lab Corp wants to be prepared for that possibility...assuming that a hard-core concealed carry person would actually obey their sign.

Old 07-20-2014, 04:58 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,074,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I don't know why you would need a gun. I'm not anti-gun by any means but is there a reason you want to carry it on you at your beach house at the Jersey Shore?

I guess I'm just not used to gun culture.

It's funny, I'm in Texas right now and there are signs all over the resort I'm at saying "concealed carry not permitted at this establishment." I have never seen a sign even mentioning gun ownership at any NJ establishment so it was a bit odd, and amusing.
Because we're not scared of our own shadows in NJ. They had a rash of situations recently in TX where idiots came in with rifles to restaurants. Even the NRA said it was overkill. And they'd sell guns to 2 year olds.

Old 07-21-2014, 12:51 AM

1,450 posts, read 3,453,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
It's funny that you mentioned that, as I observed a "No firearms allowed" sign last week at the Lab Corp collection center in Hillsborough, NJ. I would never have imagined that anyone would feel the need to carry a gun into a blood test lab in the NJ suburbs, but I guess that Lab Corp wants to be prepared for that possibility...assuming that a hard-core concealed carry person would actually obey their sign.

Lab Corp performs an extensive amount of employer mandated employee testing, including the random drug screening of potential hires as well as existing staff. As many law enforcement staff (police, sheriff, prison guards, etc) are subject to random drug testing by their employer, I am certain that is why you saw the sign.

KoalaNJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: