Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 11:04 PM

3 posts, read 7,135 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at apartments for rent in places near Bridgewater, NJ (15 mile radius). I would like to live in an area with
1) fairly low crime rate
2) easy access to grocery stores, restaurants, shopping, Indian stores
3) easy access to public transportation
4) parks close by
5) easy access to a preschool
6) Nominal rent
7) Preferably an Indian community

I am moving with my wife and a three year old daughter. I am looking at Piscataway but any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Also, please suggest good area as well as good apartments which fulfills above needs.

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 04:54 AM

324 posts, read 574,827 times
"Nominal" rent? Some estimate of this would be helpful.

Public transportation is not very good in that area. There are some buses, but you're probably going to have to drive anywhere you need to go.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:08 AM

19,116 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyStrong1 View Post
"Nominal" rent? Some estimate of this would be helpful.

Public transportation is not very good in that area. There are some buses, but you're probably going to have to drive anywhere you need to go.
+ 1 to both comments

The OP needs to understand that rents in NJ are almost universally high in comparison to other areas of the country, and that access to public transportation in anything other than an urban neighborhood can be...difficult.

Old 07-23-2014, 06:27 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,977,097 times
agree with others... and describe your use of public transportation.... to commute to work (where?)... or to run errands, etc?

Old 07-23-2014, 12:47 PM

My work location would be Bridgewater and I have to commute on daily basis. Although I have car but I would prefer public transportation for daily commutation.
My budget for rent would be maximum 1500 although would be happy if I can get anything cheaper . I have a two year old daughter and I can stay in one bedroom as well if there isn't any law that says that it is not allowed.
Some of the people around are suggesting me Piscatway but would still want some suggestions. I want to stay at place closer to bridgewater (can even stay in bridgewater if at all it is good place to live, suggestion????)

Old 07-23-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilMSharma View Post
I'm looking at apartments for rent in places near Bridgewater, NJ (15 mile radius). I would like to live in an area with
1) fairly low crime rate
4) parks close by
6) Nominal rent

I am moving with my wife and a three year old daughter. I am looking at Piscataway but any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Also, please suggest good area as well as good apartments which fulfills above needs.

Thanks!!

My work location would be Bridgewater and I have to commute on daily basis. Although I have car but I would prefer public transportation for daily commutation.
My budget for rent would be maximum 1500 although would be happy if I can get anything cheaper . I have a two year old daughter and I can stay in one bedroom as well if there isn't any law that says that it is not allowed.
Some of the people around are suggesting me Piscatway but would still want some suggestions. I want to stay at place closer to bridgewater (can even stay in bridgewater if at all it is good place to live, suggestion????)

Old 07-23-2014, 02:31 PM

527 posts, read 1,407,951 times
Bridgewater is pretty large geographically, so a lot depends on where you are working.
But Somerset county is pretty weak in public transportation between towns, very unlikely you will find public transportation from a local town to your work in Bridgewater.

Public transportation in Somerset county is much more geared to going to NYC. or to the Bridgewater Commons shopping mall.

You should find out what buses/train might go by your job (if any) and back track it's route and schedule. And plan your living home accordingly.

But more than likely, plan on a car or car pool.

Old 07-23-2014, 02:57 PM

2,257 posts, read 5,186,176 times
Quote:
1) fairly low crime rate
4) parks close by
6) Nominal rent

Thanks!!
Bridgewater meets all your 7 criteria and it is a great place to live. some part of the town are better than other but overall it is a very low crime township. there are a tons of rental communities so it should be easy to find one that you prefer. drive by and see if you like the location, layout, etc.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:33 PM

2,750 posts, read 2,415,821 times
You really can't rely on public transportation in Bridgewater.

Old 07-23-2014, 03:45 PM

1,221 posts, read 2,109,593 times
Quote:
1) fairly low crime rate
4) parks close by
6) Nominal rent

Thanks!!
Bridgewater is not cheap to live in (rent). You will almost certainly need a car for getting to your job.

Public transportation is basically solely for getting to NYC, not getting around town.

The town itself is also not laid out in a manner that would make walking/biking practical for getting to work or running errands. There are a few parts of town that may be exceptions, but overall, you're going to need a car.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey