Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 02:41 PM

477 posts, read 800,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Wow, you just can't make this stuff up, I love it. CD NJ regulars, is smommaof3 for real? Are you sure she's not trollin'?
I'm trolling? He's the one who admits he only has white friends. Also, his screen name makes it look like he is a white person. I think he's trying to pass, but unfortunately Asian and white look different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2014, 03:05 PM

19,113 posts, read 25,305,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
No words... find my quote that says "everyone's racist".
The obvious solution is to add that particular forum member to your "ignore" list.
I have done it, and I suggest that you do also.
Some people can be educated, and some cannot be educated, and I think that she is in the latter category.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:42 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlewile View Post
Wow, you just can't make this stuff up, I love it. CD NJ regulars, is smommaof3 for real? Are you sure she's not trollin'?
Smommaof3 has got to be off her meds. Lol

She only joined less than 2 mos ago.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post

Thanks for the rudeness. I'm sorry I have a life and don't have ten THOUSANDS posts like you do.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:32 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
I wrote this story 100 posts ago in this thread but it's a bit much when a woman in her 30s walks up to me at a Pathmark and asks "you're oriental right? Do you know where the soy sauce is?". When I told her I didn't know, she walks away shaking her head in disbelief... Elderly in her 70's - 80's would be a different story.

There's certainly no nefarious intent here but there's definitely ignorance and a tinge of something I can't put my finger on. But like you said, I enjoyed it because it turned into a legendary story among my group of friends (all white) and it comes up everytime we get together and we all crack up over it.
I told my daughter this one and she laughed her ass off. She is white and fluent in Mandarin. When she lived in China, people didn't believe she was American because "Americans only speak English."

Old 07-31-2014, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post

Years ago my cousin worked at the Eastern Christian Children's Retreat in Wyckoff, a home for special needs children. There were signs up that said, "Ignore the behavior you do not want." I've always found that to be good advice in most situations.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smommaof3 View Post
I said said European/White Mexicans. Those Mexicans, are not from the natives.

May I ask where where you live? I find the highest group of nonIndian Asians are usually in bad areas.
No, you didn't say that about Mexicans at alll. I went back and read your post.

I live in Monmouth County. For the first half-century of my life I lived in Bergen County. Almost all the Asians I've known are professionals, particularly engineers and lawyers, and they live in upscale neighborhoods.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, you didn't say that about Mexicans at alll. I went back and read your post.

I live in Monmouth County. For the first half-century of my life I lived in Bergen County. Almost all the Asians I've known are professionals, particularly engineers and lawyers, and they live in upscale neighborhoods.
This is what I said "They're not "European" looking, they are European. They're Spanish (a place in Europe). It's like the US. We're not Americans who are European looking, we are European. The natives were killed out here. The people you see in Mexico are not from native Mexicans, they're from Spanish/European people."
I mean did you really have to be TOLD I mean the European looking Mexicans. Of course the darker Mexicans are the native/mixed race. That was my point. The white people you see in Mexico are that. White/European. That would be like saying the white people you see in the United States are also part Native American.

I never said all Asians live in a bad area, but the majority in NJ do.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:42 PM

2,791 posts, read 10,805,155 times
Quote:

are these bad areas?

Cities with Highest Asian Percentage (Population 5,000+)

RankAsian Percentage

Moderator cut: links removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 08-27-2014 at 06:56 AM..

Old 07-31-2014, 11:08 PM

Quote:
This is what I said "They're not "European" looking, they are European. They're Spanish (a place in Europe). It's like the US. We're not Americans who are European looking, we are European. The natives were killed out here. The people you see in Mexico are not from native Mexicans, they're from Spanish/European people."
I mean did you really have to be TOLD I mean the European looking Mexicans. Of course the darker Mexicans are the native/mixed race. That was my point. The white people you see in Mexico are that. White/European. That would be like saying the white people you see in the United States are also part Native American.

Don't get snotty with me because you fail to express yourself clearly. I'm doubting you are a "momma" of anyone. More like one of the kiddies using mommy's screen name. Your immaturity ratted you out--no grownup would post what you just said above.

So tell us, exactly where are these terrible Asian enclaves in our fair state?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey