Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2015, 08:09 PM

38 posts, read 72,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatshewants View Post
This has me nervous since our appraisal is scheduled for next week. We're not using Pulte Mortgage or their attorney. We had started an application with Pulte but decided to go with a local broker instead. Our closing isn't scheduled until early next year.

The main options we selected were electrical/structural - the 3rd bedroom & electric zone damper. in the Granville model. I'll post back once I know our results since it's useful especially for those of us buying now.

Jxtai, I hope things work out for you. That sounds awful. Do you know what comps they used?
Nice to hear you decided to not use Pulte mortgage , good choice!! I think you may actually get a better appraisal compare to mine since you are having the third bedroom which can add a lot of value on your home, I was stupid to choose the loft instead because I don't need a third bedroom. However Granville is about $50,000 more than a Davenport , so I don't know. I hope you will be ok!! And for me, I talked to BOA last Friday and show the Westmont website to them, they told me they have no problem to approve my mortgage application since the development is already in Phase 2 maybe Phase 3. Worst come to worst, I will pay the $8,000 difference , I will have a lower mortgage payment each month later. I won't let Pulte get what they want, there is no way I will borrow more. I hate people think I am stupid, if they like to play games, I will put my foot down and do whatever I can to stop them!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 05:57 AM

57 posts, read 93,381 times
Jxtai - I am sure it will all end well - good luck to you. Have you checked the recent sale prices of Davenport in the community? As far as i can tell, the sales are brisk and the prices are going up - is there any way you could ask for a re-appraisal?

Old 09-07-2015, 05:59 AM

57 posts, read 93,381 times
Hey

On a separate note, any idea on how the train station is coming up? Is November 1st still on target for train service inauguration? Have they given notice for closure of Garfield station?

Also, i was thinking that there is no common park area for kids within the community and with Pulte acquiring the land between Liberty Sq and Ingermann, it would be nice to have a play area/sitting area. Any idea whether pulte has any plans in the future?

Old 09-07-2015, 05:46 PM

18 posts, read 26,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRx View Post
Hey Guys

I have booked a Davenport in the new building that has just been launched. Looking forward to being a future neighbor. Quick question about completion of the building. They have mentioned May/June 2016. What is their performance on delivering the homes on time? I ask this as am considering whether or when to get the interest rate locked for mortgage.

I would say around 1 month delay (it is my case)

Old 09-08-2015, 08:48 AM

189 posts, read 460,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar2013 View Post
Hey

On a separate note, any idea on how the train station is coming up? Is November 1st still on target for train service inauguration? Have they given notice for closure of Garfield station?

Also, i was thinking that there is no common park area for kids within the community and with Pulte acquiring the land between Liberty Sq and Ingermann, it would be nice to have a play area/sitting area. Any idea whether pulte has any plans in the future?
When I spoke to the Pulte sales office last week, they said, that per conversations with W-R, November 1st would be a very aggressive timeline. The train station is done from a construction perspective. They are just waiting for NJ Transit and all the necessary regulatory approvals to open. They are still targeting 2015 though. And December 31st is still technically 2015

If you look at the Somerset Wesmont Station master plan, there is a section next to the soccer and baseball field above Ingermann for a tot lot. I wouldn't expect anything before 2017 though. Woodland Park in Hasbrouck Heights is nearby and will be walkable soon once they finish paving Roosevelt Dr. The Woodland Park tot lot is a little run down, but they've budgeted $100K for new playground equipment and improvements, so that will be hopefully done soon.

Mayor's Annual Message - 2015

Old 09-08-2015, 02:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,444 times
hi there - saw this and wanted to chime in. I would keep my application with Pulte Mortgage open. Some of the other homeowners i spoke with decided to us another lender and when it came time to close their lender had NO IDEA how to close a new construction home. It resulted in a late closing and they had to pay additional fees. Some ended up going back to pulte mortgage as they were homeless and the builders mortgage company was able to close them right away.

Old 09-08-2015, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evillynn05 View Post
hi there - saw this and wanted to chime in. I would keep my application with Pulte Mortgage open. Some of the other homeowners i spoke with decided to us another lender and when it came time to close their lender had NO IDEA how to close a new construction home. It resulted in a late closing and they had to pay additional fees. Some ended up going back to pulte mortgage as they were homeless and the builders mortgage company was able to close them right away.
As I said, if you decided to use Pulte , always have a back up plan. Don't depend on them, think about it. They control the price of the house, title ( I know a neighbor got delay on closing because of the title was not ready) and appraisal , if you choose their attorney too..then they control everything. I know a lot of neighbors using their own bank without any problem. Think long and hard before you sign anything. Having a back up plan never a bad idea!!! They let you think only they can close on a new construction on time, but we are talking about half of million $ purchase, you need to be extra caution!!

Last edited by Jxtai; 09-08-2015 at 03:43 PM..

Old 09-08-2015, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evillynn05 View Post

evillynn05,

seems you created a new ID and profile today just to "chime in". all im saying is, i went with pulte mortgage and have not had a good experience. keep getting one surprise after another.

Old 09-09-2015, 07:55 PM

36 posts, read 52,724 times
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all helpful information for anyone who wants to make decision to buy unit in this community.
As you know , in last 2-3 months Pulte has increased prices of all unit & many buyers are facing issue where appraisal value is less than selling price, could someone please put some light if one runs into similar below 2 situation

1. what if Buyer decided to go with Pulte homes? what would happen if buyer does not agree to pay difference & can buyer ask Pulte to lower selling price? Has someone faced this situation?

2. What if Buyer decided to go with any other local lender or bank? If pulte does not lower price then bank/local lender might reject the loan? is this valid scenario? Do you think Pulte can reduce the price to avoid loosing potential buyer?
I am interested in Davenport model in bldg 19? As I have enough time in my hand before closing , I think I can afford to go with external lender/bank

PLease share your thoughts about this situation

Old 09-09-2015, 09:27 PM

5 posts, read 8,419 times
hi,

Does anyone have any information about Wright Place townhomes. Are they some kind of luxury homes, becos the price is so high compared to others in Westmont. I dont think the prices are reasonable. Please share your thoughts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey