Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2015, 05:00 AM

57 posts, read 93,148 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had an appraisal done on Manchester - Any idea of the appraisal ? Was it higher or lower than purchase price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 06:49 AM

24 posts, read 92,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kar2013 View Post
Has anyone had an appraisal done on Manchester - Any idea of the appraisal ? Was it higher or lower than purchase price?
It came $15,000 higher in my case (manchester) we closed in June 2015

Old 09-10-2015, 07:09 AM

24 posts, read 92,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jxtai View Post
evillynn05,

seems you created a new ID and profile today just to "chime in". all im saying is, i went with pulte mortgage and have not had a good experience. keep getting one surprise after another.
Sorry to hear about the surprises, but i have to say that the experiences with Pulte mortgage werent too bad accross the board. We closed in June 2015 (manchester) and Pulte did match the rate to the lowest comparable rate i was able to find with another lender. Our appraisal came higher than the purchase price and the process was handled mainly quite efficiently, though we still had a one-week delay with closing.

Having said that i nevertheless fully agree with an earlier suggestion not to depend solely on Pulte as a lender despite the attractiveness of the $6,000 closing fees incentive. As a minimum you can use the alternative lender option as a lever to negotiate a rate match.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:55 AM

189 posts, read 459,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kkhome View Post
hi,

Does anyone have any information about Wright Place townhomes. Are they some kind of luxury homes, becos the price is so high compared to others in Westmont. I dont think the prices are reasonable. Please share your thoughts
Check out their website, wpwesmont.com

Old 09-10-2015, 11:53 AM

5 posts, read 8,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoJedi View Post
Check out their website, wpwesmont.com

Thank you!
But I'm looking for information/advice - as Wright Place is charging so much compared to Pulte Homes, what is the bigger difference between those two (there is no big difference sq foot area between Granville and Wright Place townhomes)?
Is it really worth it to pay such a huge price given the communities are in the same location?

I'm a first time home buyer, so if questions are very basic- apologies.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:23 PM

38 posts, read 72,010 times
Quote:
Thank you!
But I'm looking for information/advice - as Wright Place is charging so much compared to Pulte Homes, what is the bigger difference between those two (there is no big difference sq foot area between Granville and Wright Place townhomes)?
Is it really worth it to pay such a huge price given the communities are in the same location?

You can't compare Granville to Wright Place, you should use Manchester or Lancaster to compare to Wright Place. Manchester and Lancaster is townhouse and Granville is condo. Also Granville only have one car garage. Granville sharing with Montclair in the same building . Totally difference !!

Old 09-10-2015, 03:53 PM

189 posts, read 459,111 times
Quote:
Thank you!

No worries. Besides the different home types like Jxtai mentioned, Wright Place also has many 'upgrades' that are built-in to the starting price (e.g. wood flooring, bathroom tiles, staircase wooden treads and railing, and recessed lighting) compared to Pulte.

Old 09-10-2015, 05:34 PM

57 posts, read 93,148 times
My 2 cents - If you decide to walk from Wright place to the train station add another 5 minutes, but yes the appropriate comparison is manchester/lancaster Vs wright place homes. I would say add +$35k to $45k for upgrades to Manchester/Lancaster, in addition to any structural changes (Open layout kitchen would cost another $17k and recreation room to Bedroom another $15k approx).

Old 09-10-2015, 05:52 PM

5 posts, read 8,404 times
Thanks Kar2013, ChinoJedi, Jxtai !

I'm planning to visit Wright Place and Pulte Homes this weekend and let you know if I have any additional information.
The soil contamination discussed in this thread for Pulte Home, would that apply to Wright Place also? In otherwords, the Wright Place community is also located in the old Curtis Wright factory area ?

Old 09-10-2015, 06:59 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,438,935 times
Quote:
Thanks Kar2013, ChinoJedi, Jxtai !

I'm planning to visit Wright Place and Pulte Homes this weekend and let you know if I have any additional information.
The soil contamination discussed in this thread for Pulte Home, would that apply to Wright Place also? In otherwords, the Wright Place community is also located in the old Curtis Wright factory area ?
Although I have not seen the land survey, I believe the Wright Place development is also located on the old Curtis Wright factory land/lot. (and thus the name of the development) Even if it is not on the exact site where the factory stood, the soil contamination was so extensive, I would be concerned about anything adjacent to the factory site.

Another thing you should be aware of is the proximity (about 2 miles) from Teterboro Airport, with all the plane traffic and noise. I believe there is also talk about expanding the number of daily flights at the airport, and allowing larger jets to use the runways.

For more information see, http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/03/re...njzo.html?_r=0

KoalaNJ

Last edited by KoalaNJ; 09-10-2015 at 07:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey