Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2014, 09:05 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,732 times

Advertisements

They said membership cost 19.99 per month and I gotta give 60 day notice to cancel. Anyone had experience with Retro Fitness? What are some key questions I should ask before joining?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2014, 11:11 AM

5 posts, read 5,077 times
Although they are all very similar, each gym is independently owned and managed quite differently. I have been a member of the retro in woodbridge since they opened 6-7 years ago but I only go once in a while now. I have been to several retros over the years but have really grown a liking for edison retro. It is super super clean snd owners take pride in keeping that way. Woodbridge has become a slum, with only a few of tvs on machines working. I feel like I am in a prison gym sometimes with plenty of seedy characters. Clark also has a very nice retro. Like i said, each one is different so have them give you a free trial. They are often all very busy after 5pm during week.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:10 PM

2 posts, read 2,974 times
Member of WO Retro here. The $19.99 is the real monthly rate. There are 2 caveats to this:

1. The $19.99 rate DOES NOT include any classes or group activities like Zumba, kickboxing, etc.
2. There is an annual fee that is charged at the beginning of August which totals something like $65.00

Regarding caveat #1 - you can get a more expensive monthly membership that allows you to access all the classes and group activities (not sure of the cost but it's not crazy) or you can merely pay as you go for the classes you want.

The location is clean, people are friendly, and cardio machines are plenty. Weight machines and free weight areas can get clogged up at the busy times.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:40 AM

4,940 posts, read 12,141,153 times
I'm not a gym member but many of my friends are gym people. From what I've heard them talk about, the cheaper $19.99 gyms are usually heavy into cardio equipment, with less selection in terms of weights and weight machines. Your best bet would be to go check it out. I'm sure they would be happy to show you around.

Old 09-02-2014, 11:21 AM

267 posts, read 352,039 times
I'm a member of Retro in WO. I love it. I got early in the morning becasue that is what my schedule allows for and I never have any problems.

Old 09-02-2014, 09:58 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,246,732 times
Thanks for the info guys. So they said I have to stay as a member for a year before I cancel. I'm not planning on cancelling, but is this standard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey