Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ex NJ Residents: Why did you leave NJ ?
College 3 8.11%
Work Related 12 32.43%
Family Related 4 10.81%
Retirement 5 13.51%
Just Cause I didn't like it 13 35.14%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 07:02 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
How about not hiring contractors who are much cheaper because they use illegals, that's a start.

I hope you will be understanding when your boss lays you off when you're 50 because the kid from China, India etc. is willing to do your job for 1/2 the wages.

I was lucky I got to make a decent living when companies still hired American workers because there was plenty of work. They even hired foreigners at the same wages but since they started outsourcing they don't need all the workers and they just hire the cheapest who can do the job.

It's not really affecting me now but I just feel bad for those Americans who pay a lot of money to go to college and all they can find is retail jobs at the mall.

People complain all the time about the high cost of living in NJ but these companies don't have to pay good wages because they have a cheap source of labor with foreign workers.

I retired and got out so your on your own but it ain't getting better in NJ.

Almost daily you see post on the NJ forum from people overseas who got hired in NY/NJ and they want cheap housing close to the city. If they were getting great pay why do they need cheap housing?
Defense jobs pay well, accept only Americans, and are open to plenty of college graduates. DOE, Lockheed, general dynamics, and Oak Ridge are a few of many jobs out there for skilled american engineers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2014, 07:02 AM

293 posts, read 309,781 times
Quote:
Either you are a foreign born worker or you are totally clueless of what's happening to senior workers across corporate America.
Kids from China are taking jobs away from senior corporate workers?

Old 09-14-2014, 07:48 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,379,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboyo View Post
Now you are being silly. to the ignore list you go.

Old 09-14-2014, 08:07 AM

19,115 posts, read 25,309,475 times
Quote:
I think that paperboyo may wind up setting the record for the most "ignore listings" in the shortest period of time after coming to the forum.

The supercilious attitude that he displayed in the Toms River/Brick thread was a mere hint of what he would decide to spew in other threads. I think that, by now, it is clear that he came to this forum only to insult people and to sow the seeds of discord, and that is why I--and you, and likely many others--have placed him on our Ignore List.

Don't feed the troll!

Old 09-14-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
All I did was repeat what you said, buddy. Sorry if it sounds ridiculous, that was sort of the point.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:00 PM

98 posts, read 119,889 times
after visiting the Northwest (Idaho, Washington & Oregon) I want out of NJ so bad! The traffic, people, and high prices of housing/taxes are the main reasons why I want to leave.

People were so friendly, kind, and respectful. They waved hello, started conversations, and were genuinly polite. Here - I am lucky if I don't get a door slammed in my face by a rude person!

Life is just more peaceful, stressfree, and enjoyable anywhere else in my opinion. I am talking to a realtor tonite to sell my place soon. We want out and are destined to make make it happen.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:46 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I think that paperboyo may wind up setting the record for the most "ignore listings" in the shortest period of time after coming to the forum.

The supercilious attitude that he displayed in the Toms River/Brick thread was a mere hint of what he would decide to spew in other threads. I think that, by now, it is clear that he came to this forum only to insult people and to sow the seeds of discord, and that is why I--and you, and likely many others--have placed him on our Ignore List.

Don't feed the troll!

He may have been trolling in the other thread, but he (and adi) put forth strong economic arguments in this thread.

Old 09-15-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
He may have been trolling in the other thread, but he (and adi) put forth strong economic arguments in this thread.
Nah, I wasn't trolling.

Old 09-15-2014, 03:38 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboyo View Post
Methinks this thread has gone off the rails...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey