Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 03:41 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Martha MacCallum: Outrage Over Brendan Tevlin's Murder 'Lost in a Sorry Double Standard' - Fox Nation

On the Record with Greta Van Susteren | Fox News
'On the Record' Exclusive: The parents of Brendan Tevlin, the victim of an alleged jihadist revenge murder here in America, sit down with Greta.
I read the Fox article (before it was posted here), and I completely agree. I also read an article (wish I remembered which it was) in which the writer made a connection with the Michael Brown shooting and St. Louis area riots just like I did. I guess it's a good comparison as far as media coverage goes.

It's sick that they'd give more coverage to a man shot by police, who may or may not have just robbed a store, and the riots and looting (looting part makes NO sense and there is NO excuse for it) that ensued "as a result" , than they'd give to a flawless (seriously - Tevlin's record of community service and just doing good till astounds me. What a genuinely good kid from a seemingly great family) teen shot by a self-proclaimed jihadist in the US. It's ming-boggling to me. And I agree - it IS about race/ethnicity and what is deemed politically correct.

I would MUCH rather know and hear in the news about random jihadists who are declaring war on any American anywhere - because I believe this guy could have gone to any state and picked any American victim - just because the US has killed Muslims in the Middle East than I would like to know about a teen who may have been a criminal who was shot, and whose community then found it necessary to riot and loot completely innocent, unrelated businesses for over a week following the shooting.

That's just me, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 06:42 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,803 times
Most muslim terrorists leave to do their dirty work overseas. But we've had plenty of domestic terrorists like the Oklahoma City bombers and abortion clinic bombers. I guess some of them could be considered right-wing, Christian terrorists.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:22 PM

23,549 posts, read 17,223,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Most muslim terrorists leave to do their dirty work overseas. But we've had plenty of domestic terrorists like the Oklahoma City bombers and abortion clinic bombers. I guess some of them could be considered right-wing, Christian terrorists.
Don't forget domestic terrorists wearing colors and riding motorcycles.

Eric Holder claimed domestic terrorists were the no1 concern.
then Kerry contradicted him and claimed it was human caused global warming that we had to fear more than terrorists.

However, the conversation is about muslim extremists as they have scored far more hits that keep coming, than all the other domestic terrorists combined and projected for the next 20 years.

the muslim terrorists are going abroad for an education and then coming back to apply what they learned.... like the boston bombers.

Old 09-18-2014, 04:14 AM

4,725 posts, read 4,419,194 times
/Interestingly enough- I am up early as usual and watching news. I saw some coverage on this. I think it was Fox no surprise but at least it's being covered. I suspect it will pick up momentum.
I am in central NJ so get both Philly and NYC stations. I believe I am only seeing this on Fox news for now.

Old 09-18-2014, 06:16 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,315,491 times
First, let's show sympathy for the families and friends of the victims. Who can imagine their loss?

Horrifically, the future portends increasing frequency of these occurrences. Home-grown TERRORISTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Every people group has its wackos, Christianity included — but terrorism certainly is NOT preached from its mainstream pulpits. The acts you cite were by 'lone wolf' nut jobs. Comparing that to what's occurring now within Islam is absurd.

One could argue that Mr. Tevlin's killer was also a long wolf nut job, but the daily news clearly contradicts that assertion. Within Islam, the radicals have taken over in many parts of Asia and Africa, slaughtering anyone who disagrees with their dogma. More so, this jihadist murder on our own soil proves the threat is real in America; we having been aroused from our slumber thirteen years ago last week. On this issue, Bill Maher's discussion with Charlie Rose is focused and persuasive. (Worth the four minutes to watch the video.)

Bill also raises some darn good tangent issues. Some of our 'friends' in the Middle East are just as crazy as our enemies! What's behind the spike in Saudi beheadings? - Middle East - Al Jazeera English
. How long will it take our nation to recognize that all belief systems are not equally legitimate? Some are more closely aligned with mental illness.

Old 05-04-2015, 10:06 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,861 times
R I P

update:
http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/20...n_seeks_t.html

Old 05-05-2015, 07:22 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
^ I will never understand why some people can't just follow the law and refrain from committing crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey