Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-18-2014, 10:17 AM

1 posts, read 1,040 times

Advertisements

I'm considering a job in Far Hills, but not expecting to be able to afford to live there. Coming from rural Virginia, with wife and two small children, and with an approximate housing budget of $1500 for a rental property of some kind. What are some good options as far as livable family-oriented towns near Far Hills? I'm willing to entertain the idea of a one-hour round-trip commute or less.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 10:25 AM

5,771 posts, read 16,577,499 times
That's a good central location, so commute wise its relatively decent. With that kind of budget in NJ you may need to look around, I would think of going into the rural areas, but you will probably get some sticker shock. lol. NJ is not cheap to live in.
You're going to have to do some digging around online. I would suggest looking West and Southwest from there. Whether anything is in your price range I don't personally know.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:58 AM

882 posts, read 1,669,548 times
Doing a quick Zillow search I came across a 3-bed 1-bath rental in High Bridge which would be well within your commuting time (and a beautiful area). In general look for places west on 78, maybe along the Rt. 31 corridor. Warren County is cheap, though farther away from your job site.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:04 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,675,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJhighlands87 View Post
Doing a quick Zillow search I came across a 3-bed 1-bath rental in High Bridge which would be well within your commuting time (and a beautiful area). In general look for places west on 78, maybe along the Rt. 31 corridor. Warren County is cheap, though farther away from your job site.
High Bridge is a good choice. Luckily for the OP the location he's working in allows him to venture to the cheaper, beautiful parts of NJ - western Morris, Northern Hunterdon, Warren Counties. Head west OP, head west, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey