Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2014, 03:42 PM

612 posts, read 843,575 times

Advertisements

There are as many Knicks fans as Nets fans in Brooklyn (that's the Nets' strongest county) - The Brooklyn Game

"There were no New Jersey counties in which Nets fans outnumbered Knicks fans"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2014, 04:16 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
You are being intentionally naive JerseyGirl.
What?

You strongly dislike NY and don't care if you show it and you're really going to say that? I don't expect you to agree with me but I'm not being naive and I'm not being "intentional."

Old 10-02-2014, 04:25 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,960,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey08057 View Post
Sad part is that the chances of Nj getting another NBA team are slim to none.
Yep. Self loathing NJ types would rather cheer for teams representing a city that goes out of their way to demean them. Thanks for nothing fellow Jerseyites.

Old 10-02-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
You must spread some reputation around before giving it to openheads again

Old 10-02-2014, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
Any discussion of inferiority complex begins and ends with Philly in the shadow of NYC. NNJ is allied/associated with NYC and has no more of a complex than LI or upstate.

Heck, Philly even pales to the other big colonial city, Boston.

(and trolls from Philly even show up here trying to start something to make themselves feel better)
Oh, and btw, the inferiority complex term wasn't meant as an insult to Jersey. Was simply referring to North Jersey's relationship with Gotham, and the way NYers treat NJ

Old 10-02-2014, 06:03 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Black View Post
Pot meet kettle?
You don't really understand the expression, eh?

Old 10-02-2014, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Oh, and btw, the inferiority complex term wasn't meant as an insult to Jersey. Was simply referring to North Jersey's relationship with Gotham, and the way NYers treat NJ
Oh sorry, we need to learn how to accept compliments more graciously.

Old 10-02-2014, 07:53 PM

402 posts, read 752,100 times
Read some of the comments

Devils hot topic: How did you become a fan of the team? | NJ.com

"
89point5 May 21, 2012" May 21, 2012
"Growing up in New Jersey before the Devils arrived here, I rooted for the Rangers. I even remember crying sometimes when the Rangers lost. In 1982 when I was a Freshman in High School, the Devils arrived & I remember seeing the Rangers make one of their first trips to the Meadowlands to take on the Devils. There were a lot of Rangers fans at the Meadowlands & I was actually one of them. As I was sitting through that game & hearing all of the trash talking from New Yorkers to New Jerseyans, about our State being disgusting, about NJ being the armpit of America, and about thousands of other Jersey jokes, I wondered why I was still so supportive of New Yorks team. I kept telling myself that I was a Rangers fan 1st, and had to remain loyal.
Besides the Rangers fans being so annoying with their jokes about New Jersey when coming to the Meadowlands, I even had a bunch of them ask me why I don't root for my own team when I would meet people at MSG, after get into conversations and telling them I was from New Jersey. I began wondering what the actual benefits were of remaining "loyal" to a hockey team in New York & not supporting a team in my own home state that recently moved here, especially when New Yorkers perceive Jerseyan's as 3rd world citizens. At this point while I was a Junior in High School and began maturing, it was a matter of pride. Do I continue to have pride in a New York hockey team, or do I have pride in where I am from and start supporting the Devils."

----I wish more people in NJ would think like this guy

Old 10-02-2014, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
You don't really understand the expression, eh?
You accuse me of being a troll, and then make inflammatory comments yourself, hence the expression "pot meet kettle"

Old 10-03-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
You accuse me of being a troll, and then make inflammatory comments yourself, hence the expression "pot meet kettle"
I'll help you out with the pot/kettle thing. If I had simply raised the issue of inflammatory comments, you might have a point. But I instead mentioned trollish behavior which is arriving on a board with the main purpose of insulting in order to get a reaction -- that is what you did and not akin to my response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey