Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2014, 10:35 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,972,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Ignorant people are the ones who aren't worried about it. People who blindly listen to the president or his administration or the media without questioning.
BINGO! This statement right here is truly the beauty of the internet. It's the one medium that gives the ultimate platform to the guy (or girl, in this case) who is soooooooo much smarter than the rest of us, and if we would only listen!!! Like you're the ONE PERSON in the entire country who doesn't "blindly listen" to the President, the media, Congress, etc...and you're doing us all a favor by trying to shake us out of the trance we are in. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight... Thank you so much! I had no idea that I was simply an automaton marching to the orders of "the administration" all these years. WOW! I feel like Neo when he was freed from the Matrix! QUICK!!! Someone get JerseyGirl415 to the White House situation room right away!!! SHE'S GOING TO SAVE US ALL!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 10:38 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,330,361 times
1,069,000,000 -estimated population of African continent 2014

7,493 -latest count of reported cases of Ebola in Africa where the virus is infecting a population uneducated about the spread of disease/virology, people live in extremely densely populated conditions with open sewers and little to no hygeine facilities, family members regularly clean their dead by hand with warm water, no soap to prepare them for burial.

.0007% of the population of Africa has contracted the ebola virus. By contrast, every single day in the United States over 100 people die in car crashes which you also typically 'catch' from other humans. While I wouldn't say Ebola is a non-issue and it certainly demands the attention of every nation's medical experts and vigilance, I wouldn't say the sky is falling either.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
1,069,000,000 -estimated population of African continent 2014. 7,493 -latest count of reported cases of Ebola in Africa where the virus is infecting a population uneducated about the spread of disease/virology, people live in extremely densely populated conditions with open sewers and little to no hygeine facilities, family members regularly clean their dead by hand with warm water, no soap to prepare them for burial. While I wouldn't say Ebola is a non-issue, I wouldn't say the sky is falling either.
Thank you for that injection of common sense

Old 10-08-2014, 10:52 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,672,960 times
Why Americans Need to Calm the F#@% Down About Ebola | Cracked.com

Old 10-08-2014, 10:56 AM

37,086 posts, read 41,213,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
What are you going on about? I don't think it's possible to get infected from someone showing no signs of disease. I also never said that the CDC has been hiding information regarding transmission through taxis, I know that they are and that has been in the news for a while.

About the ambulance, that's not true. It was put into quarantine after they discovered he had ebola. It was used for other patients immediately after him. THEN they cleaned it thoroughly and stopped using it.
You keep saying that you can catch Ebola from hand rails and doorknobs. Unless the patient is already showing symptoms, he is not going to leave infectious material on surfaces like that.

All I have read about the ambulance is that it was pulled out of service after the run to transport Duncan. The EMS crew were aware that he might have Ebola, and they use universal precautions anyway. Ambulances are disinfected after every patient anyway.

North Texas EMS agencies more vigilant than ever about Ebola | Dallas Morning News

Old 10-08-2014, 11:03 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,663,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
I wouldn't say the sky is falling either.

is anybody saying the sky is falling?

straw man

Old 10-08-2014, 11:07 AM

I think the saddest part of all of this is that ebola panic (or lack thereof) in the U.S. breaks down predictably along party lines. Fox News, Rush Limbaugh, and other conservative news sources/pundits are the ones calling for closing down the borders, calling the President on the carpet for how he's handling the situation, etc...and then that trickles down to people like JerseyGirl-if you read through her posts it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out which side of the spectrum she's on.

Of course, if Bush were still the President, MSNBC, Rachel Maddow, etc...would all be lambasting him for his handling of the situation and breaking into hysterics on the air about how we're all going to die. EBWick and the rest of the liberal contingent on the CD NJ forum would then follow suit.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,663,738 times
i wonder what motivates you to exaggerate the reactions of other people.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:29 PM

23,523 posts, read 17,202,278 times
Confidence comes from leadership that has a demonstrated they can be trusted. That is not the case here as fedral agencies have become politcal arms of an administration whose lies are legendary and explainations short.

We were told standard treatment of clinical signs as available in the US would be all that was needed to treat ebola.

Now we hear another popular, 'my computer ate it ' story from the TX hospital as the reason the guy wasn't trewated sooner.

Obamacare rollout was a galactic disaster despite Sebelius, obama et al telling us it will be ready, it is fixed, etc.

Nurses organization claims shortage of fluids, the basic treatment for the dehydration that comes with ebola or any other yet to be discovered disease intoduced form off shore.

Feds sending illegal aliens to parts unknown across the country with minimal health exams and no apparatus to trace the people they released and required to return on the date specified for a followup hearing.

Zero confidence exists in the government to protect us. No leadership in sight.
Panic should be replaced with a conviction to vote out the ruling party.

Old 10-08-2014, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Zero confidence exists in the government to protect us.
Anyone who has ever had any confidence in any government protecting them is fooling themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey