Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2014, 11:32 AM

6 posts, read 9,306 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am trying to find information on what programs are available or what towns offer good services in Bergen county for a child with high functioning autism. We currently live in NYC and my 9 years old son attends the ASD Nest program in the NYC public school system. The program itself is excellent and he has been progressing well. We have been looking in to moving for some time now in order to shorten my husbands commute (he works in Ramsey, NJ) but only if we can find something comparable or better than what he has now. Currently he is in a collaborative teaching environment. His small classroom setting consist of 16 kids total (12 typical & 4 with HFA) and 2 full time teachers. Among his services he receives, speech, OT, adapted PE. Besides the school aspect we are also looking for the community aspect and someplace that will offer him extra curricula activities as well, which we lack now. I have found some old post on the board but, as I know things change with time, I figured I would as once again to see if anyone has any current information or experiences they would like to share. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by nycgrod; 10-09-2014 at 12:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 07:34 AM

1 posts, read 947 times
Hi,

Just curious if you found any program in Bergen county similar to ASD Nest program ? I am looking for a similar inclusive program (with Social Development intervention) for kindergarten for my 5 yr old boy. Please let me know your findings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey