Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 11:30 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNJA View Post
Thank you guys! I apologize if my post was too vividly described, I am a writer and cannot help it. This was my first time using this website site. I am a bit confused now as I was in need of legal advice but instead Ive received several replies from users who's goal it seems is to JUDGE me personally (while having MINIMAL facts), become my therapist, or vent out negative thoughts about of the rest of the world & apply them to my scenario. (Who said I hadnt assumed responsibility? The state/court however ONLY cares about finances & the city's budget... they dont wish I hadnt received 3 tickets, they dont wish ppl would stop breaking traffic laws and have perfect driving records, how then would they generate funds for the city? I am fully aware that they (& possibly the state) will be receiving funds from me, I would just like to keep as much as possible). I have received an answer to "my ONLY question" and I appreciate the sentiment in regards to the state of the world, really I do, but I did not come here looking to chat with Oprah... nor bicker with strangers/keyboard warriors about other issues of the human race. Good Day.

your first day on the internet?

(and please don't flatter your writing as overly vivid)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 11:52 AM

13 posts, read 9,647 times
Thanks Brownstone. I have consulted with several atty's (before & after writing this post in the middle of the night) just doing extra homework seeing if someone might suggest something different. I have indeed maintained Ins (as stated in 1st post) and my concern is not about the 2 lesser tkts, My main concern is that of the one carrying points. I do not understand however why users assume that I seek to erase history... as stated before I am looking to keep my penalties at a minimum (as would anyone else).

Old 11-12-2014, 11:54 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Thank you guys! I apologize if my post was too vividly described, I am a writer and cannot help it. This was my first time using this website site. I am a bit confused now <missing comma> as I was in need of legal advice <missing comma> but instead Ive received several replies from users who's goal it seems is to JUDGE me personally (while having MINIMAL facts), become my therapist, or vent out negative thoughts about of the rest of the world & apply them to my scenario. (Who said I hadnt assumed responsibility? The state/court however is ONLY concerned about finances & the city's budget... they dont wish I hadnt received 3 tickets, they dont wish ppl would stop breaking traffic laws and have perfect driving records, how then would they generate funds for the city? I am fully aware that they (& possibly the state) will be receiving funds from me, I would just like to keep as much as possible). I have received an answer to "my ONLY question" and I appreciate the sentiment in regards to the state of the world, really I do, but I did not come here looking to chat with Oprah... nor bicker with strangers/keyboard warriors about other issues of the human race. Good Day.
Don't quit the day job.

Oh, I know, "it's only an Internet post so it doesn't matter". And it really doesn't, but then don't claim to be a writer if you aren't going to write properly.

Although, it is refreshing to see someone OMIT apostrophes rather than toss them superfluously into plurals as has become popular. Well, you did use "who's" instead of "whose"...

Neh, neh, I beat Retriever to this one!

Old 11-12-2014, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
your first day on the internet?

(and please don't flatter your writing as overly vivid)
@1/2 Full, Idk you sound a little 1/2 empty to me (pessimist). You should smile more and make a conscious effort to be more happy. (@MightyMean801 Didnt say what type or that I was also the editor) I guess this IS a site where keyboard warriors come to troll & bicker. Therefore I will let you have it and gracefully bow out to the tunes of these "Vivid Writers". Ciao!

Ephesians 6:10-20 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual ..."

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too, can become great.”- Mark Twain

Last edited by NJNJA; 11-12-2014 at 12:27 PM..

Old 11-12-2014, 12:39 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
OK, I am still laughing (though for reasons other than OP's intentions).

Cheers!
(and please, by all means, show up in court with the same story and attitude)

Old 11-12-2014, 12:57 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
Quote:
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too, can become great.â€- Mark Twain
Far be it from me to try to belittle your ambitions, which are--clearly--to try to avoid accepting responsibility for your actions while driving. Actually, if you keep trying, you may be able to avoid a sense of adult responsibility in all aspects of your life!

And, yes, Mightyqueen801 beat me to it.
A writer?
Yikes!

Old 11-12-2014, 01:06 PM

!

Last edited by NJNJA; 11-12-2014 at 01:58 PM..

Old 11-12-2014, 02:29 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
@1/2 Full, Idk you sound a little 1/2 empty to me (pessimist). You should smile more and make a conscious effort to be more happy. (@MightyMean801 Didnt say what type or that I was also the editor) I guess this IS a site where keyboard warriors come to troll & bicker. Therefore I will let you have it and gracefully bow out to the tunes of these "Vivid Writers". Ciao!

Ephesians 6:10-20 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual ..."

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too, can become great.”- Mark Twain
I have to say, "MightyMean801" was pretty clever. Don't get what's up with the Bible verse, but if you want to have a quotefest, I'm pretty good at that. I won a collapsible pen in third grade for being the first kid in Sunday School to memorize the the names of the books of both the OT and the NT in order.

But that's for the Religion and Spirituality forum. Meanwhile, here's one you must know: "Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and unto God the things that are God's." In this case, Caesar is the town where you flaunted the law and are gonna be rendering some hefty fines.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:35 PM

Old 11-12-2014, 03:59 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
The OP will almost surely rationalize that the following comment is not relevant, but I will post it anyway, in the hope that he can gain some perspective:

In 1994 (the last time that I received a traffic ticket), I was living in Rahway, and the shortest route to work was through the ravaged and almost totally-deserted business district. There was a stop sign at a T intersection in that district where I almost always executed only a "rolling stop" as a result of long sightlines and the almost total absence of traffic in that area at 7:00AM.

Did I know that I was supposed to execute a full stop?
Of course I did, and I calculated that the risk of getting a ticket and the risk of getting into an accident at that intersection were both very low, and thus I was willing to take the risk in order to gain a few seconds on my morning commute.

One morning--to my surprise--a cop who had been parked in one of the numerous vacant lots on that street observed my infraction, and he pulled me over. Was he "angry" as the OP describes the cop who pulled him over? I have no idea about the cop's emotional state, but the bottom line is that I knowingly committed the infraction for which I was pulled over. The cop's emotional state was irrelevant. I had committed the offense for which I was ticketed, plain & simple. Even if he was "angry", and even if he was "hiding", the bottom line is that I violated the MV code, and the cop was doing what he is paid to do.

I gambled that I wouldn't get a ticket for doing a rolling stop virtually every morning--and I lost.
That is the way that it goes with any type of gambling. You may win or you may lose, but because I entered into a situation where I knew that there could be consequences for a violation , I didn't b*tch & moan about being caught. Instead, I accepted responsibility for my actions, as a mature adult should.

My biggest concern was that this incident caused me to arrive about 15 minutes late for work. I immediately went to my supervisor's office, showed her the ticket, and explained that this was the reason for my tardiness.

Her reaction was--I think--very interesting.
She said, "But...you're not fuming and you're not complaining about getting the ticket!"
My response was, "I did what the cop observed, I knew that it was a violation when I did it, and I am willing to accept the consequences".
Her response was, "Well, you're certainly taking a much more mature approach to this situation than most adults would".

The OP made a conscious decision to cross a double line and pass a slow-moving vehicle.
I have to assume that he calculated that his actions were a decent gamble, but--like with so many gambles--this one did not turn out to his advantage.

I paid the fine and received a few points on my license, and I survived both of these penalties quite well.
The OP should pay the fines, chalk it up to experience, and try to react to his wrongdoings in a more mature manner in the future.
In the long run, he will be a better person if he owns up to his mistakes, rather than trying to rationalize his way out of them.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey