Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 08:58 AM

120 posts, read 167,384 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!

I am 18 weeks pregnant with twins and love my current OBGYN in Wayne NJ. However, he delivers at Chilton Hospital and I would prefer a Level 3 NICU unit. I am looking at switching to either Hackensack or Morrisstown Hospital. The problem is trying to find a good obgyn that is covered under our plan affiliated with either of these hospital. I am checking ratemds etc. All the doctors who are well rated and who deliver at Hackensack are not covered or not accepting new patients . Can everyone chime in and recommend obgyns who deliver at Morristown or Hackensack? We are moving to Wayne NJ and both hospitals are within reasonable driving distance.

Thank you for taking the time to help me!

Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 09:08 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,976,235 times
My wife had great experience for both our kids with Jim & Mike Kuchera (brothers) who have an office in Cedar Knolls and deliver at Morristown

Old 11-13-2014, 09:11 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,664,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioslave View Post
Hello Everyone!

I am 18 weeks pregnant with twins and love my current OBGYN in Wayne NJ. However, he delivers at Chilton Hospital and I would prefer a Level 3 NICU unit. I am looking at switching to either Hackensack or Morrisstown Hospital. The problem is trying to find a good obgyn that is covered under our plan affiliated with either of these hospital. I am checking ratemds etc. All the doctors who are well rated and who deliver at Hackensack are not covered or not accepting new patients . Can everyone chime in and recommend obgyns who deliver at Morristown or Hackensack? We are moving to Wayne NJ and both hospitals are within reasonable driving distance.

Thank you for taking the time to help me!

Cheers
If you are considering Hackensack you should also throw Valley Hospital in the mix. We had a great experience with our 2 previous kids at Valley Hospital and with the OB team at Valley Center for Women's Health. They have an office in Ramsey, so depending on where you are in Wayne it might not be that bad of a trip.

PS Welcome to the neighborhood.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:28 AM

@halfful - Thank you for the names of Dr's Kuchera. I will check if they are under my plan.
@tdstyles - we did consider Valley as well. However, decided to go with Hackensack or Morristown. My GP did recommend Valley center for women's health as well. It was confusing to decide which hospital to go with.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:32 AM

357 posts, read 1,026,348 times
Dr. Keanchong, out of Hackensack.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:39 AM

46 posts, read 55,945 times
Dr. Kathryn Jones, in a pretty big group, deliver at morristown.

Old 11-13-2014, 11:55 AM

@imoapie - Dr. Keanchong is not in our coverage. She is the back up of Dr Waleed Abdelghani who is covered under our coverage However, since the back up is not covered - we decided not to go with Dr Abdelghani He is rated pretty decent.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:14 PM

357 posts, read 1,026,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioslave View Post
@imoapie - Dr. Keanchong is not in our coverage. She is the back up of Dr Waleed Abdelghani who is covered under our coverage However, since the back up is not covered - we decided not to go with Dr Abdelghani He is rated pretty decent.
Too bad, she's wonderful.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:42 PM

1,557 posts, read 2,148,490 times
Just sent you a DM. We used HUMC over Valley this past June for our son. Great experience.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:37 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
My wife had great experience for both our kids with Jim & Mike Kuchera (brothers) who have an office in Cedar Knolls and deliver at Morristown
LOVE THEM!!! They are my guys too. Potash also (part of the practice) talked me off the ledge once. The NP's are great as well. Can't recommend them highly enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey