Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2014, 09:11 AM

849 posts, read 269,706 times

Advertisements

Greetings fellow C-Ds. I am considering taking a position in Hammonton, but from what I can tell online, it is rather rural. I would like to live in a more urban, city environment. Not thinking Philly, but are there any towns in South Jersey that have an active population, where you can walk to the market and nightlife.

I am 47, divorced and looking get back out there again.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks!

j
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2014, 10:27 AM

324 posts, read 574,909 times
You might have better luck posting this on the South Jersey forum with more information such as budget and desired commute time.

The nearest urban areas to Hammonton are not very nice (e.g. Vineland). The nicer urban areas are closer to Philly (e.g. Haddonfield, Moorestown). However those areas are more expensive and commute will be at least 30 minute drive.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:37 PM

9,325 posts, read 12,997,648 times
Atlantic City is as close as you're going to get. Ocean City is nicer, but it's a dry town, so there isn't much in the way of nightlife.

Somers Point has a walkable section with a few bars, and it isn't too far removed from Hammonton.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:22 PM

110 posts, read 175,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forum_Newbie View Post
Greetings fellow C-Ds. I am considering taking a position in Hammonton, but from what I can tell online, it is rather rural. I would like to live in a more urban, city environment. Not thinking Philly, but are there any towns in South Jersey that have an active population, where you can walk to the market and nightlife.

I am 47, divorced and looking get back out there again.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks!

j
Hammonton is a large enclave, about 40 square miles, very large for any NJ municipality that isn't a township or city. The outskirts are indeed very rural and geared toward the blueberry industry, but the center of the neighborhood is suburban and developed. It has a very nice downtown and is arguably one of the best places to live in southern NJ. There are tons of bars. Unfortunately it isn't very close to anything else. It's roughly halfway between Philly and AC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey