Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 01:13 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Just because you have a hole in your head, does not mean that you are open-minded.
I see you bypassed attempting to refute my assertions and went straight to name calling. Somehow I'm not surprised.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 01:16 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Arrests are not the telling statistic. The rate of conviction for African Americans as opposed to their White counterparts who were arrested for the same crime is significantly higher. Longer sentences are also handed out for African Americans as opposed to their White counterparts who were convicted of the same crime.
The denial & subsequent propagation of institutional bias in our justice system is evident in this cesspool of a thread.
i dont think it helps things when the people that certain people choose to make into martyrs are the worst representatives of their race.

Old 11-26-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont think it helps things when the people that certain people choose to make into martyrs are the worst representatives of their race.
What does that have to do with the statistically proven disparity I'm referring to?

Old 11-26-2014, 02:43 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with the statistically proven disparity I'm referring to?
you didnt actually provide any statistics. you just referred to statistics and expect others to trust you as a source even though you didnt even give any data whatsoever or a place to find the data.

its also funny how this type of thing comes up when we are all discussing a situation where the black person was justifiably killed after actually robbing a store. its just whats on people's minds and you cant avoid that.

as far as your statistics, i cant respond because you didnt actually provide anything to look at and respond to.

Old 11-26-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you didnt actually provide any statistics. you just referred to statistics and expect others to trust you as a source even though you didnt even give any data whatsoever or a place to find the data.

its also funny how this type of thing comes up when we are all discussing a situation where the black person was justifiably killed after actually robbing a store. its just whats on people's minds and you cant avoid that.

as far as your statistics, i cant respond because you didnt actually provide anything to look at and respond to.
Racial Disparities in Criminal Justice

Racial Disparities in Sentencing: Implications for the Criminal Justice System and the African American Community - This paper analyzes the consequences of discriminatory sentencing on the African American... - African Journal of Criminology and Just

Old 11-26-2014, 09:52 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
I see you bypassed attempting to refute my assertions and went straight to name calling.
I'll let this guy do the refuting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpsQwl_19M4

Old 11-27-2014, 08:50 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
There's a few places like Guttenberg which have a higher white arrest rate than black. This was listed as "no disparity". Yeah, no agenda here.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:13 PM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,447,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
There's a few places like Guttenberg which have a higher white arrest rate than black. This was listed as "no disparity". Yeah, no agenda here.
Is it possible hispanics got lumped in with white non-hispanics?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: