U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-04-2006, 04:05 PM

5,907 posts, read 14,774,473 times

Advertisements

I'm planning a bachelorette party. We'll be doing a nice dinner, club-hopping at all the local clubs the bride went to during her single days, staying somewhere nice for the night, and maybe getting some sort of spa treatment in the AM. This is for a group of 8-10 women. I am trying to figure out where we should stay for the night. So far I have thought of The White Sands in Point Pleasant and Chateau Inn & Suites in Spring Lake. I do not want to stay at Ocean Palace in Long Branch, I have heard too many horror stories. Anyone have any other suggestions?
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2006, 08:45 AM

3,028 posts, read 8,036,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
I'm planning a bachelorette party. We'll be doing a nice dinner, club-hopping at all the local clubs the bride went to during her single days, staying somewhere nice for the night, and maybe getting some sort of spa treatment in the AM. This is for a group of 8-10 women. I am trying to figure out where we should stay for the night. So far I have thought of The White Sands in Point Pleasant and Chateau Inn & Suites in Spring Lake. I do not want to stay at Ocean Palace in Long Branch, I have heard too many horror stories. Anyone have any other suggestions?
You can all stay at my house when your done club hopping. Better yet. I can be your designated driver / chaperone. I will give all of you a massage in the morning (including cucumbers for your eyes) followed by a continental breakfast. All at absolutely no cost to you. P.S. Please let me know when this is to take place well in advance so I can arrange a visit for my wife with her sister in Sheboygan, Wi. (Yes I'm only kidding, but I couldn't resist )

Old 11-05-2006, 10:25 AM

lmao!!! Nice try!!!

Old 11-06-2006, 08:26 PM

6 posts, read 22,237 times
What about the Sheraton in Eatontown? I think it may be pricey though.

Old 11-07-2006, 08:37 AM

3,028 posts, read 8,036,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christina0001 View Post
lmao!!! Nice try!!!
Since you not getting too many places to stay, I'm upping my offer. Free foot massages for all. (disclaimer, offer ends at midnight 11/7/06 e.s.t) times a wastin! P.S. Please don't make me grovel, even though I will!

Old 11-07-2006, 05:06 PM

You'd get carpal tunnel, giving that many foot massages in one night. Sounds good though; we make take you up on your offer! I'll check out the Sheraton but I think we'll probably go with the White Sands.

Old 11-12-2006, 05:11 PM

4,084 posts, read 9,520,432 times
What area are you having dinner and bar hopping? I don't know what your taste in bars/restaurants are but in Long Branch they have a lot of new restaurants, couple of nice bars and lots of shopping for maybe the next day? I think there's another hotel next to Ocean Palace but not sure of the name. If she ever hung out in Red Bank, there's the Molly Picher Inn and also lots of shops and bars. You can basically walk to everything. Too bad The Tradewinds closed that was a great place to go for a party or anything.

Old 11-14-2006, 08:10 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,431,950 times
Spring Lake is very nice. I can't think of a shore town prettier. You can walk to the downtown from The Chateau, the lake and the ocean (5 blocks or so I think). I spent all my summers there as a child and my husband and I were married there so feel free to pm with any other questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey