Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 05:29 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,645,506 times

Advertisements

County Sales Tax

New Jersey Essex County Tax Board :: essextaxboard.com

2014 tax tables

http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxa...t/taxtable.pdf

Again, like I said check out how the fees in the state will affect you ,see what you get for your money ,Millburn/Short Hills is high end but if education is important to you seems you get more for you tax dollar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2015, 06:55 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
You might need to do your homework some more , as I said two different states ,check out the fees and such to see if the Big mouth governor isn't robbing them blind , registration fees ,licences fees etc ,not everything is a tax .Insurance rates are more for Millburn .
Christie is responsible for the registration and license fees in the state? Did they go up significantly since he became governor? Are they that much higher than NY? Also, he does not impose county and local fees. There is a lot of stuff you can blame on Christie, but you can't blame every problem we have on him.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Christie is responsible for the registration and license fees in the state? Did they go up significantly since he became governor? Are they that much higher than NY? Also, he does not impose county and local fees. There is a lot of stuff you can blame on Christie, but you can't blame every problem we have on him.

So when "Christie cuts something from the state budget and the Towns / counties have to make it up by raising your county taxes or fees ,in your mind he is off the hook ???

Old 01-23-2015, 10:12 AM

18,453 posts, read 15,236,363 times
Quote:
So when "Christie cuts something from the state budget and the Towns / counties have to make it up by raising your county taxes or fees ,in your mind he is off the hook ???
If he's cutting the state budget, he is doing something right, not wrong. How do you ever get spending under control if you don't cut expenses? Maybe the county and local governments could learn a thing or two and figure out ways to lower their expenses as well.

Old 01-23-2015, 02:38 PM

26 posts, read 67,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeku View Post
I work just next to grand central, I see the houses prices in both the areas are of same range, so is the commute time and the school districts.

what will be +ve and -ve of both the areas?
I am making this very decision (millburn, short hills, summit, Chatham) as we speak. My husband on the other hand works near penn station. But it's gross compared to grand central. Forget about what everyone is talking about taxes. I think you were talking property taxes anyway and yes they seem to be comparable. I too would love to hear some pros/cons from someone who actually knows the two towns/areas.

Thanks in advance!

Old 01-23-2015, 02:47 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Two different states and two different towns ,what is it you want to know ?Pleasantville is a great town very scenic and good schools.Millburn is a little high end in a state with a Governor who will rob you blind but more than once their scho ols have been named the best is the country so , you pick .

Welcome to Pleasantville, NY

Township of Millburn New Jersey
this is a funny thing to say when comparing nj to ny. you could do it if it was north carolina or florida or some other low cost state. both ny & nj take a lot of their residents money.

Old 01-23-2015, 05:36 PM

1,675 posts, read 2,787,209 times
Might want to compare the demographics. Short Hills/Millburn are known for being high in certain ethnic groups. Not sure if you care about that; but may be something to consider.

Old 01-23-2015, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by outtanyc View Post
I am making this very decision (millburn, short hills, summit, Chatham) as we speak. My husband on the other hand works near penn station. But it's gross compared to grand central. Forget about what everyone is talking about taxes. I think you were talking property taxes anyway and yes they seem to be comparable. I too would love to hear some pros/cons from someone who actually knows the two towns/areas.

Thanks in advance!

You might want to add in New Providence to your town search ,very nice a little less costly and the age demographic is a little younger .

New Providence, NJ

Old 01-23-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffybear View Post
Might want to compare the demographics. Short Hills/Millburn are known for being high in certain ethnic groups. Not sure if you care about that; but may be something to consider.

Like which ones ?

Old 01-24-2015, 10:37 AM

41 posts, read 100,837 times
Millburn - NJ Transit will only take you as far as NY Penn Station. 34th and 7th. Grand Central is like 42nd and Lexington. Would be a long walk if living in Millburn. I live in Millburn. It has been a very nice place to be for the past 30 years. Send me a private email to brooklyngirlbags@comcast.net and I would be happy to extoll the merits of Millburn. 15 minutes to Newark Airport (my husband travelled for work and he could call me when he got off the plane and I would be there before his luggage came out). 35 minutes into NYC with frequent NJ transit trains. Easy highways to get around. I actually have a home I will be selling this year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey