Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 01:40 AM

7 posts, read 73,869 times

Advertisements

Well there some other area's around there that are cheaper like keansburg, union beach, cliffwood, and keyport but i wouldn't choose none of these towns.

the other night i was walking in keyport around 11pm and i was jumped from behind by a gang of mexican's(i have NOTHING against mexicans) that i swear came out of nowhere. i was beaten under a barrage of punches and kicks to almost every area of my body, but mostly my face and head. i got kicked in the head and required a combination of stitches and staples to hold me in place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 07:50 AM

1,334 posts, read 2,993,557 times
I've been hearing mixed reviews of Holmdels schools lately. Some say since Lucent is no longer there a lot of people who children were high preformers have left the area and the schools are not doing as well. Others have told me that the test scores are even higher now than they were five years ago.

Anybody have any first hand knoweldge of how the Holmdel school system is these days compared to a how its been in the past?

Old 07-08-2008, 09:19 PM

161 posts, read 767,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy2theg2 View Post
Well there some other area's around there that are cheaper like keansburg, union beach, cliffwood, and keyport but i wouldn't choose none of these towns.

the other night i was walking in keyport around 11pm and i was jumped from behind by a gang of mexican's(i have NOTHING against mexicans) that i swear came out of nowhere. i was beaten under a barrage of punches and kicks to almost every area of my body, but mostly my face and head. i got kicked in the head and required a combination of stitches and staples to hold me in place.
Ouch, where in Keyport?

Old 08-22-2009, 11:30 AM

1 posts, read 1,741 times
We live in the woods at holmdel..there is a nice playground (tot lot)..our townhouse is not yet listed with a realtor. Built in 2000..approx 1900 sq ft not including the heated full finished basement. 3 bedroom 2 i/2 bath. Email [email="cmezzina@comcast.net"]cmezzina@comcast.net[/email] or call 732 796-9006

Old 08-22-2009, 05:05 PM

32 posts, read 113,571 times
cmezzina,

do you have end unit for sale?

Thanks

Old 08-22-2009, 07:11 PM

111 posts, read 416,754 times
Back to the school issue, I'm aware Holmdel has highly rated schools and Hazlet is more middle of the pack for NJ.

So what exactly is a kid from Holmdel gaining over a kid from Hazlet? Can someone fill me in why people get so crazy over this stuff? Moving from Manalapan to Holmdel cause of schools seems over the top to me.

I mean maybe if the kid wants to go to Princeton or Harvard, they'll have a better shot coming out of Holmdel, but I don't necessarily understand why some get so worked up over it.

Your kids can do just fine and get into good schools going to Manalapan/Old Bridge/Hazlet, etc. if they study and get good grades.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey