Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2015, 03:37 PM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
In my neck of the woods in Central NJ, the total snow accumulation is supposed to be less than 1 inch.
When you combine that miniscule amount with the fact that temperatures will be in the 36-37 degree range, this is truly..........Much Ado About Nothing.
Well, now the forecast for my area calls for both more snow and lower temps than had originally been predicted.
Damn!

However, Saturday is supposed to be rainy, with temps in the low 40s, so whatever does accumulate on Friday shouldn't be around for very long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 05:26 PM

472 posts, read 812,505 times
When NJ is baking during the summer in a few months, everybody will be complaining that it's too hot!

Old 03-18-2015, 07:56 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman27 View Post
When NJ is baking during the summer in a few months, everybody will be complaining that it's too hot!
But then we can go to the beach and be in the water cooling off! With that godawful cold last month, all I could do was go home and get on the couch under a blanket. I don't do winter sports and I'm too old to start now.

Plus, it's not just the cold that makes winter hard, it's the lack of sunlight. So depressing. Dark when I leave the house, dark when I get home, yuck. But that part is better now!

Old 03-20-2015, 06:44 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,331,967 times
I just want to make sure that everyone remembers to make the obligatory frenzied visit to the supermarket today, in order to stock up on bread, milk, and eggs. This is definitely a necessity, as you might be stranded in your house for perhaps...minutes...before the 50 degree temperatures melt the snow tomorrow.

Old 03-20-2015, 06:52 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,058,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
But then we can go to the beach and be in the water cooling off! With that godawful cold last month, all I could do was go home and get on the couch under a blanket. I don't do winter sports and I'm too old to start now.

Plus, it's not just the cold that makes winter hard, it's the lack of sunlight. So depressing. Dark when I leave the house, dark when I get home, yuck. But that part is better now!
I often feel like winter lasts longer than any other season. To me it starts late november/early December. My birthday is in December and I have always thought of it as a winter birthday. And, as this year has proven, it often seems to last late into March, and sometimes into April.

I just realized earlier today is the first day of spring

Old 03-20-2015, 07:22 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
I just want to make sure that everyone remembers to make the obligatory frenzied visit to the supermarket today, in order to stock up on bread, milk, and eggs. This is definitely a necessity, as you might be stranded in your house for perhaps...minutes...before the 50 degree temperatures melt the snow tomorrow.

Ha ha!

I portioned out the last (skimpy!) dregs of dog food this morning but will not be going to the store today!

Saturday morning I'll make my dogs a breakfast of bacon and eggs, then hit the stores!

Old 03-20-2015, 02:25 PM

472 posts, read 812,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

I agree that winter's really dark, and this winter also has been one of the coldest in a while, but I could live with it. Also, it's really ironic that it's snowing on the first day of spring!

Old 03-20-2015, 03:09 PM

4,940 posts, read 12,146,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
I often feel like winter lasts longer than any other season. To me it starts late november/early December. My birthday is in December and I have always thought of it as a winter birthday. And, as this year has proven, it often seems to last late into March, and sometimes into April.

I just realized earlier today is the first day of spring
Of course winter lasts the longest. That's because winter spans 3 seasons. We had snow in November (Fall), all Winter, and now Spring. So we basically have 6 months of Winter in NJ.

Old 03-20-2015, 08:38 PM

2,105 posts, read 6,662,922 times
Quote:
But then we can go to the beach and be in the water cooling off
For the entire season? Not likely.

Quote:
Of course winter lasts the longest. That's because winter spans 3 seasons. We had snow in November (Fall), all Winter, and now Spring. So we basically have 6 months of Winter in NJ.

That's really some special observation. You had one storm in nov. and not another until later in Jan. A storm that's three inches of snow and the state's panicking. No wonder the state's so laughable. Some states have ten times the snow yearly and manage to function just fine. NJ gets a two inch storm and shuts down. They can't deal with not getting in the car and driving around aimlessly.

The average high in northern NJ in Oct. is in the mid 60's's. Nov. ave. high is in the mid 50's and half of Dec. is in the mid 40's. It that winter, you need thicker blood. It's called fall.

So in July when you're walking around sweating off ten pounds of water when it's in the 90's and 98 percent humidity, then you'll see and wish for the cooler fall temps once again.

Last edited by rscalzo; 03-20-2015 at 08:49 PM..

Old 03-21-2015, 07:57 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscalzo View Post
For the entire season? Not likely.

Um yes, it's very likely that from Memorial Day through Labor Day it's hot enough to be in the water cooling off. Of course there is that pesky work thing, but in the summer I make sure I get on the beach every weekend and then during a week I take off to do just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey