Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 05:21 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
maybe they are nicer to look at than old houses but a sweet looking new oversized mcmansion built on a small lot, those are pretty.

i guess its just personal preference. i like to see the houses and lots of sunshine and a neatly manicured landscaping that doesnt block the view of the home. i see trees blocking the home and it looks overgrown, old and neglected to me.
I think you need to hug a tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 04:27 PM

332 posts, read 528,695 times
Just out of boredom, I may occasionally take a walk down especially the wealthy areas or neighborhoods that have tree-lined streets and houses. I have always been amazed enough by the sight of it, but I also feel it would be the type of environment most suitable for myself, my future wife and the family we'd raise a few years from now.

Old 03-10-2015, 05:26 PM

472 posts, read 811,807 times
I would rather live in a town with lots of trees than a town with none. Towns that have few trees just feel sterile and awkward to me.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:32 PM

32,922 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
i dont consider myself a city kid. i lived in dc 4 years for college and brooklyn 4 years but other than that it has been suburbs (manalapan, morganville, holmdel). i just see that when i drive through the development i grew up in (6th grade through college) the houses have all become overgrown with trees. a once impressive development with nice houses is now a jungle. but when i see a nice new development, the trees are usually small and out of the way.
Well, Morganville. I've never heard of Morganville, NJ. It's Marlboro, but I've heard that. Marlboro has a terrible reputation--full of snooty rich people.

Last edited by Gerania; 03-10-2015 at 09:41 PM..

Old 03-11-2015, 11:22 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,683,966 times
I drove by several houses to view the damage caused by Sandy and I tell my wife.

"I'm so glad we don't have any friggin trees near our house.

We saw many homes with trees uprooted laying on homes, cars, or yards. Many downed power wires and utility poles because a tree landed on it.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:44 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Well, Morganville. I've never heard of Morganville, NJ. It's Marlboro, but I've heard that. Marlboro has a terrible reputation--full of snooty rich people.
im not trying to call it morganville to avoid saying im from marlboro. i often say marlboro to people not from the area since its more likely to be recognized. but i figured here in the nj forum i should be more accurate. i believe its a section of marlboro, its what i always used when giving my home address since it has its own zip code.

i dont really concern myself with reputations. i had no problems with the residents of marlboro. i dont have problems with the residents of holmdel.

Old 03-11-2015, 03:13 PM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Good citizens cut down their trees to promote green energy and not block their neighbor's solar panels.
Trees are the enemy of green energy.

Go into a grade school class and the kids are learning about endangered plants and animals in exotic places while they remain ignorant of what is in their own backyard. Donate to help preserve the amazon rain forest and devestate the remaints of the eastern woodlands.

Towns have cut down fruit prroducing trees for fear of lawsuits...slipped and fell on the fruit.

Urban planning has become a huge iisue with regard to pollen producing plants and trees.

"Pollination is critical for trees to reproduce but can be crippling to some people with specific tree allergies and asthma. If these allergy sufferers live in areas with lots of the wrong trees, there can be major health issues and loss in quality of life during the peak pollen season."

Restricted Trees for Pollen Control — City of Albuquerque

Old 03-11-2015, 07:36 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammius View Post
New developments have fewer trees simply because the developer/builder comes in and mows everything down so they don't have to work around the trees. As soon as families move in they plant little saplings in the hope they'll have nice pretty trees years from now.
You see that in many new developments. Burning Hollow in Saddle River (behind the Allendale Nursery) was built over 30 years ago and they kept many of the old growth oaks and maples which kept the rustic look of the woods. It's where local yoots used to throw keggers, smoke weed and set stuff on fire. But there's no stopping the real estate machine!

Old 03-12-2015, 04:09 AM

32,922 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
im not trying to call it morganville to avoid saying im from marlboro. i often say marlboro to people not from the area since its more likely to be recognized. but i figured here in the nj forum i should be more accurate. i believe its a section of marlboro, its what i always used when giving my home address since it has its own zip code.

i dont really concern myself with reputations. i had no problems with the residents of marlboro. i dont have problems with the residents of holmdel.
Zip code. I'll buy that.

Old 03-12-2015, 05:28 AM

88,515 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
You see that in many new developments. Burning Hollow in Saddle River (behind the Allendale Nursery) was built over 30 years ago and they kept many of the old growth oaks and maples which kept the rustic look of the woods. It's where local yoots used to throw keggers, smoke weed and set stuff on fire. But there's no stopping the real estate machine!
That's right! Other party places in NW Bergen County were Parson's Pond in Franklin Lakes and Birch's in Mahwah. Developments now, but the memories remain. Well, the ones that didn't get washed away with the dead brain cells, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey